Random NBA Observations 2023 - 2024

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
SGA didn't have his legs, JDub never got going, & the bench was somehow like a combined 1-18 at halftime when they're the ones that should have some energy on a back to back.

Just like the last Lakers game even when they were getting wide open shots the whole team except Dort was missing everything.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Yeah man, they're really getting beat up. All that shyt SGA does in the lane is just getting shut down (he's been better in the second half but was brutal in the first), and they're getting absolutely killed on boards. They're just too small.

Not trading for some size at the break might come back to haunt these guys.
I have no idea why they didn't make any moves before the deadline. They have 100 picks they can't use and seem content to just sit on them. Gafford, Olynyk and even Drummond woulda helped a lot.

Nurkic had 31 rebounds against them last night; 13 offensive. Yeah, OKC pulled it out but that is an insane rebounding total for one guy in 32 minutes.

They should be adding guys now too because they're gonna have to shell out big money for Williams and Chet in a couple years.

Daps
I have no idea why they didn't make any moves before the deadline. They have 100 picks they can't use and seem content to just sit on them. Gafford, Olynyk and even Drummond woulda helped a lot.

Nurkic had 31 rebounds against them last night; 13 offensive. Yeah, OKC pulled it out but that is an insane rebounding total for one guy in 32 minutes.

They should be adding guys now too because they're gonna have to shell out big money for Williams and Chet in a couple years.
I can kind of see the argument of they’re in no rush because their window is just opening and not giving up the draft picks because you have what is probably the best scouting department in basketball

Last edited:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I can kind of see the argument of they’re in no rush because they’re window is just opening and no giving up the draft picks because you have what is probably the best accounting department in basketball
My counter-argument would be: they've been playing the long game for years now including last season when SGA ascended.

I'll take all this back if they throw some money around this summer though. They have a ton of cap space and they could sign Hartenstein or Claxton to add center depth. I assume Siakam and OG are gonna re-up with their new teams but OKC has the opportunity to come through and offer max money and it wouldn't really affect them going forward. OG in particular would be a perfect fit.

I think they need to show SGA something too. You can't have a legit MVP candidate and keep kicking the can down the road.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
okc needs trade gordon hayward / giddy and all the picks for clakson.markonen. and Collins.. try for keslar too (doubtful)

id say embid but i doubt he ever leaves 76rs

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
SGA didn't have his legs, JDub never got going, & the bench was somehow like a combined 1-18 at halftime when they're the ones that should have some energy on a back to back.

Just like the last Lakers game even when they were getting wide open shots the whole team except Dort was missing everything.
Lakers in 5 or 6 :unimpressed:

Daps
My counter-argument would be: they've been playing the long game for years now including last season when SGA ascended.

I'll take all this back if they throw some money around this summer though. They have a ton of cap space and they could sign Hartenstein or Claxton to add center depth. I assume Siakam and OG are gonna re-up with their new teams but OKC has the opportunity to come through and offer max money and it wouldn't really affect them going forward. OG in particular would be a perfect fit.

I think they need to show SGA something too. You can't have a legit MVP candidate and keep kicking the can down the road.
I butchered that sentence due to being high. I meant scouting not accounting :russ:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s hard not to like Giannis. Glad he got his ring and hopes he get more. Jsut a workers mentality. It gets thrown around too often but I always thought he was the closest to mamba mentality. Dude just goes. Hes doesn’t care or listen to what ppl say about him. He knows his brother is a clown. He don’t care. The interview he had at the beginning of the gils arena with Brandon Jennings was great.