Random NBA Observations 2022 - 2023

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I respect Dame for standing on principle and being loyal…but man did he fukk up his career staying in Portland. He says he wants to be Dirk and Giannis but if you deep dive you see…

Dirk => had 12 50 win squads….4 60 win squads built around him Dallas. He had a great organization around him and he contended every year.

Giannis => has had 4 straight 50 squads and a 60 win squad built around him. He’s been contending for 5 straights years.

Dame has had 2 50 win squads built around him…..two. Never sniffed 60 wins and has never had a top 4 or 5 team in the league and never once been on a contender

The difference between those guys and Dame is his organization will never allow him to be Dirk or Giannis and it’s crazy that he doesn’t see that.

All he had to do was choose that out LeBron was giving him. He could have been on the big stage where his game belongs…not rotting in Portland. shyt is really a basketball tragedy:mjcry:

The difference is also that Dirk & Giannis were/are much better players than Dame

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
I respect Dame for standing on principle and being loyal…but man did he fukk up his career staying in Portland. He says he wants to be Dirk and Giannis but if you deep dive you see…

Dirk => had 12 50 win squads….4 60 win squads built around him Dallas. He had a great organization around him and he contended every year.

Giannis => has had 4 straight 50 squads and a 60 win squad built around him. He’s been contending for 5 straights years.

Dame has had 2 50 win squads built around him…..two. Never sniffed 60 wins and has never had a top 4 or 5 team in the league and never once been on a contender

The difference between those guys and Dame is his organization will never allow him to be Dirk or Giannis and it’s crazy that he doesn’t see that.

All he had to do was choose that out LeBron was giving him. He could have been on the big stage where his game belongs…not rotting in Portland. shyt is really a basketball tragedy:mjcry:

Dirk & Giannis are both 7ft...It's a lot easier to build around that than Dame

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
dame will be making 63+ mil just in the 2026 season alone :mjlol: if that's a tragedy then fukk my life up too

Yup. LeBron took pay cuts and risky 1+1 deals (instead of long term security) to win his championships. Duncan and Dirk both took pay cuts at different points to field better teams. Giannis took a pay cut 5 years ago after his GM pleaded with him about how the aforementioned did similar.

Now i wouldn't go as far as saying i agree with leaving money on the table but if for example it's a 250 mil supermax on a shyt team vs 210 mil on a contender... i could see ppl being split on the choices.

However, if you choose the first option... that's a wise financial move, but i ain't tryna hear shyt about your shyt team situation :pachaha: