Random NBA Observations 2022 - 2023

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
Yup. LeBron took pay cuts and risky 1+1 deals (instead of long term security) to win his championships. Duncan and Dirk both took pay cuts at different points to field better teams. Giannis took a pay cut 5 years ago after his GM pleaded with him about how the aforementioned did similar.

Now i wouldn't go as far as saying i agree with leaving money on the table but if for example it's a 250 mil supermax on a shyt team vs 210 mil on a contender... i could see ppl being split on the choices.

However, if you choose the first option... that's a wise financial move, but i ain't tryna hear shyt about your shyt team situation :pachaha:

Bron said he regretted taking paycuts because it fukked the market up for all the players. Especially the non superstars. All the Gm’s were using Bron as leverage on some “Well if LeBron can take a paycut then why can’t you”:youngsabo:

Plus all it did was let these gms and owners off the hook and had the players devaluing themselves. It was just one big finesse. It’s the gms job to smartly construct a rooster…not the player. Players aren’t even getting paid what they are worth…it was fukked up that they should take less than what they could get which was already scraps.

When you have a competent organization the shyt doesn’t matter anyway. I don’t see Steph Curry taking no paycuts….but nikkas are looking at Dame and saying he shoulda took less. That ain’t right…we need to be looking at his org not his pockets.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Bron said he regretted taking paycuts because it fukked the market up for all the players. Especially the non superstars. All the Gm’s were using Bron as leverage on some “Well if LeBron can take a paycut then why can’t you”:youngsabo:

Plus all it did was let these gms and owners off the hook and had the players devaluing themselves. It was just one big finesse. It’s the gms job to smartly construct a rooster…not the player. Players aren’t even getting paid what they are worth…it was fukked up that they should take less than what they could get which was already scraps.

When you have a competent organization the shyt doesn’t matter anyway. I don’t see Steph Curry taking no paycuts….but nikkas are looking at Dame and saying he shoulda took less. That ain’t right…we need to be looking at his org not his pockets.
stephs entire career has been paycuts

and bron can say that - but the CBA and the MLE getting warped into what it is now was a bigger factor than anything else

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
stephs entire career has been paycuts

and bron can say that - but the CBA and the MLE getting warped into what it is now was a bigger factor than anything else

What paycut has Steph Curry ever taken:mjlol:

He’s on his second max contract right now:pachaha:

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
the very first one he signed after his rookie contract. we not gonna act like years of "most underpaid star in the league" didn't happen now lol

He didn’t “take a paycut” though. That was all he could get. His ankles were shredded at the time and most teams thought he was on his way out the league.

You think if some team woulda came with 4 years 65 he wouldn’t have took it? :pachaha: That nikka is still mad at Eric Gordon to this day because of what he got. His ass woulda definitely bolted on the Warriors if some team would have came with a max offer.

But now history has flipped to make him look like he’s some kind of martyr or something.

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
Thunder got a big lead on the Bulls & didn't know what to do since it's usually the other way around :pachaha:

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get that it's their franchise anniversary, but it seems so cheap that THIS spurs team gets to break the attendance record