Random NBA Observations 2022 - 2023

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What do you all think if the NBA was to make the trade deadline around the middle of the season games 40-42 for most teams? It still seems to me that the trade deadline is too deep into the season.

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
I really do wonder why teams badly in need of front court depth like GS or Portland or a few others haven't taken a chance on someone like Dwight (still effective in limited minutes), Cousins, Whiteside or why it took even Favors this long to get signed. I get not wanting them as starters but just to fill out the bench and have them as a backup plan to buy their bigs some minutes.
Agreed. I actually thought Cousins was a lock to get a one or two year deal. He played great for the Nuggets in spot minutes and when Jokic was out.

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
I really do wonder why teams badly in need of front court depth like GS or Portland or a few others haven't taken a chance on someone like Dwight (still effective in limited minutes), Cousins, Whiteside or why it took even Favors this long to get signed. I get not wanting them as starters but just to fill out the bench and have them as a backup plan to buy their bigs some minutes.

They looking for 20m a night.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I remember making that exact same comments years ago with the Lakers and AD and a lot of posters were cracking jokes at that notion. With that being said, we will see some of those guys signed after the trade deadline and teams flame out on finding better options.

Daps
JoJo had 36 in 24 minutes but I know bucket getters who are elite defenders don’t move you.
Trying to get me to notice Joel cause "the media" doesn't. My brother, we've only just started 2023, you can't be going out sad already.

:sadcam:

I'll be looking forward to your one-tag-every-three-week average about Jalen. See you in a week or two in that thread, playa.

:salute: