Random NBA Observations 2022 - 2023

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
Why the fukk does Willie keep starting Herb Jones? :unimpressed:

They are now 13-11 when he plays and 10-2 when he doesn't.

Surround Zion with non-offensive threats, brehs. :unimpressed:
I keep arguing with people that we need to move Herb to the bench. Good player but we will need offensive firepower to contend for a title and Herb handicaps us too much in that regard.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Why the fukk does Willie keep starting Herb Jones? :unimpressed:

They are now 13-11 when he plays and 10-2 when he doesn't.

Surround Zion with non-offensive threats, brehs. :unimpressed:

Tbh, it would’ve been some incredible shyt if they’d beat a fully healthy and opportunistic Memphis squad, in Memphis, barely 24-hours after beating a thriving PHI team… with still no Ingram, and worse spacing.

Schedulers ain’t doing them no additional favors with their next game being a rematch vs PHI.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I keep arguing with people that we need to move Herb to the bench. Good player but we will need offensive firepower to contend for a title and Herb handicaps us too much in that regard.

Tbh, it would’ve been some incredible shyt if they’d beat a fully healthy and opportunistic Memphis squad, in Memphis, barely 24-hours after beating a thriving PHI team… with still no Ingram, and worse spacing.

Schedulers ain’t doing them no additional favors with their next game being a rematch vs PHI.

It was definitely a scheduling loss but I'm tired of Willie saddling the starting lineup with Herb's negative offensive presence. You're supposed to add threats and shooters around Zion, not take them away. :francis:

Dude's been horrendous offensively this season and more than offsets his defense, which hasn't been as other worldly as last season. He has to come off the bench until he improves his shot.

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i don't believe the nonsene about the mavericks not having a squad they are a wing away from an finals appearance, they need to resign Wood and fight like hell to sign Levert or batty mon Brooks

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
i don't believe the nonsene about the mavericks not having a squad they are a wing away from an finals appearance, they need to resign Wood and fight like hell to sign Levert or batty mon Brooks
Levert is ass and isn’t enough good enough to start for Cleveland even with the hole they have at the 3. Dillion Brooks is decent, but they are going to need better than that around Luka.

Daps
It was definitely a scheduling loss but I'm tired of Willie saddling the starting lineup with Herb's negative offensive presence. You're supposed to add threats and shooters around Zion, not take them away. :francis:

Dude's been horrendous offensively this season and more than offsets his defense, which hasn't been as other worldly as last season. He has to come off the bench until he improves his shot.
With Val, Zion and CJ virtually being non-factors on defense, Herb is almost necessary to give the starting lineup some resemblance of defense, and stop the main options taking on heavy defensive reps (and getting into foul trouble).

You need someone like Herb out there to soak up all that defensive spill.

Willie’s stuck between a rock and a hard place without Ingram and trying to get that balance right, especially when Trey has struggled on that end for most of the season.

Daps
I mean, shyt, if you need to rely on someone as much as the Mavs do on Luka to scrape by lottery teams on a nightly basis, then something is wrong. No team should be reliant on a player to that degree; schematically and personnel-wise. It’s only ever gonna end one way.

Ain’t no bandaid of a LeVert nor Brooks gonna fix that wound.