Random NBA Observations 2022 - 2023

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
You still can’t even mention Suggs, despite once upon a time that’s all you ever did when discussing both players. You unnecessarily kept forcing that narrative and now when it’s thrown back at you all you’ve got left in the tank is the dregs of deflection.

:picard:

You wanna know how I know you don’t watch the Raptors like that on the regular, and are simply box score watching? Well, you only told on yourself in this very post - referencing surface stats with no regards to context nor analysing his actual game. I set the trap and you stepped right in it. Next time you’ll know now when I accuse you of not watching the actual games you’ll respond with something that won’t make you look as guilty.

:lolbron:

Furthermore, if you believe scoring 26 points on good efficiency is only a “decent” game, then why were you hyping up Suggs when he was putting up worse box score stats? Why were you talking up his “All-Star bid” with worse numbers, since we know that’s the only lens you view the game through?

Nobody is trying to push any superstar agenda about Scottie and you know this. Deflecting with this straw man only makes you look more guilty — once again. You have a nasty habit of telling on yourself. You know this cotdamn well because almost all the exchanges we’ve had about Scottie have included Suggs. You’re not about to rewrite history on that.

It all comes back to these posts -

Now stop playing dumb and trying to slip out the back door on your agenda and replacing it with a new one. This ain’t got shyt to do with believing Scottie is a superstar - it’s all about you hyping up that role player Jalen Dudds over him.

You’re not about to hide your hands now. You made your bed now you’ve gotta lie in it. None of this Goldilocks shyt trying to jump in the beds of the Three Bears that aren’t yours.

:ufdup:

I compared Scottie to Draymond and you were offended…

I said i don’t see allstar in him at all and you were offended…

Are you really gonna act like you weren’t projecting Scottie to be allstar status? And why would I bring up Suggs when he’s in a completely different situation.

Suggs has to split mins and roles with Fultz and Cole Anthony…he’s never just been given the keys like Scottie. Scottie has no one in front of him and has the green light to do whatever he wants. He’s been given every opportunity to go be the best he can be…but yet he’s still falling short. With Suggs he plays on a clusterfukk of a team with no real direction and it doesn’t help that he keeps getting injured either. When healthy he’s shown that he has elite 2 way potential and already has one of the higher bbiqs out there. He really should just be given the keys because his per 36 numbers are up there with anyones.

So I’m just confused as to why u wanna do a victory lap after 2 good games from this solid role player who has regressed across the board this year. And then to shyt on an injured Suggs like he hasn’t shown star qualities is just ignorant. But nah im the one pushing an agenda tho:troll:

And not even about to address that corny whiteboy analogy you just threw out there…just go on ahead and edit it out.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
you go to the Fresno State game?
Nah I had some family that was coming from Fresno for the game but they backed at the last minute out so I ended up working instead. Would still went had it been a 5pm or 7pm kick off time instead of 12:30 in the afternoon. I went did hit a game in Fresno and went to the USC/Fresno St. game at the Coliseum earlier in the year. Oh well, they finished off the season nicely

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
need to investigate him for plagiarism
giphy.gif

Daps
I compared Scottie to Draymond and you were offended…
This is a lie.
I said i don’t see allstar in him at all and you were offended…
Let's get the quote right here.

You said - "Suggs is gonna be an all star. Can’t see the same for Mr Barnes.."

Now, it's one thing saying you don't see Scottie being an All-Star, and it's another altogether saying that Suggs will be one and that Scottie will be on x-amount of levels below him. This isn't about being offended, this is about you talking out your muh'fukken ass with this narrative. You constantly shytted on Scottie's potential whilst propping up Suggs' in the same frame.
Are you really gonna act like you weren’t projecting Scottie to be allstar status? And why would I bring up Suggs when he’s in a completely different situation.
Because you quite literally have mentioned them together countless amount of times. You've been comparing them ever since they've been in the league, but now you're hiding your hands because you know you tried to run with your narrative before you gave it a chance to walk. Now you wanna talk this "completely different situation" bullshyt when you projected Suggs to hit an All-Star bid all throughout his rookie season and downplayed what Scottie was doing in the process.

You even shamelessly tried to use a CP3/Marvin Williams parallel to illustrate how the Raptors made a mistake drafting Scottie over your mans.
When healthy he’s shown that he has elite 2 way potential and already has one of the higher bbiqs out there. He really should just be given the keys because his per 36 numbers are up there with anyones.
This is ridiculously untrue.

He's shown solid defensive potential and is a work in progress on offense. He hasn't shown anything that would lead one to believe he's going to be an elite offensive player. He's far beyond that at the moment, especially since he hasn't shown any consistent ability to shoot. He's averaging 12 points on 46 TS% on his career; in comparison, Scottie is averaging 15 points on 54% TS% on his career.

His Per 36 #s are as follows:

15 points (on horrific efficiency), 4 rebounds and 6 assists.

Can you please explain to me how you came to the conclusion those numbers are "up there with anyone's"? Even if one were braindead enough to mindlessly use Per 36 numbers, the other guards in the rotation have better numbers than he does. Regardless of that, the game isn't played in the box score. You need to stop hanging your arguments on those surface numbers, particularly given the fact they don't reflect on his play too kindly.
So I’m just confused as to why u wanna do a victory lap after 2 good games from this solid role player who has regressed across the board this year. And then to shyt on an injured Suggs like he hasn’t shown star qualities is just ignorant. But nah im the one pushing an agenda tho:troll:
Because your ignorant ass popped your head up two games ago proclaiming he wasn't shyt and had peaked as a player (when you hadn't even been watching him play). That's why my foot is back on your neck. Ain't it funny how he's had arguably his best two games of the season right after you unceremoniously tried to put him in a casket. It seems the Basketball Gods are trying to tell you something.

:sas1:
:sas2:
:sas1:
:sas2:

I know your game all too well though. You're still digging that hole over Steph/Dame all these years later. I know you'll stand on being wrong for the rest of your days over this.