Random NBA Observations 2022 - 2023

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
Yea, they're barely a play-in team without him. George is a luxury 3rd option masquerading as a superstar 2nd option. But that's old news

This will be like 2021 in which they can be a 1st round exist or a WCFs depending on if Kawhi can go super sayian blue in every round to dig them out of the inevitable hole they'll be in... which is a dangerous game to play with those knees of his
Ok lets not disrespect George, if Middleton can be a 2nd option on a championship team then George can easily be a 2nd option. He's a top 20 player

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Ok lets not disrespect George, if Middleton can be a 2nd option on a championship team then George can easily be a 2nd option. He's a top 20 player
You haven't seen what i've said about Middleton and Jru Holiday.

I've called them luxury 3rd options who compliment each other... i.e. one steps it up offensively, when the other plays like shyt but since neither are considered superstars (like Paul George), their shyt performances get overlooked or not trashed as badly.

Also, not sure if i'd call George a sure fire top 20 player. Call it disrespect but he'll have his chance to show otherwise in the playoffs :manny:

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq

I've called them luxury 3rd options who compliment each other... i.e. one steps it up offensively, when the other plays like shyt but since neither are considered superstars (like Paul George), their shyt performances get overlooked or not trashed as badly.

Also, not sure if i'd call George a sure fire top 20 player. Call it disrespect but he'll have his chance to show otherwise in the playoffs :manny:
Nah this is disrespect ngl, I don't really have to think about to know Paul George is a top 20 player. At his best he has hovered around the 8-13 range, but he's older now, and the focus isn't the regular season but I think he is a consensus top 20 player. I don't think Paul George shyt performances get overlooked like the other two that you mentioned lmao, I actually people overanalyze any bad game Paul George has in the playoffs. Which is why he's a borderline superstar, 2nd option player to me unlike Khris Middleton or Jrue. nikkas hate PG so much they will blame him for certain losses, when Kawhi also played boo boo (one of the least held accountable superstars ever), shyt coaching from Ty Lue/Doc Rivers, bad defensive role players idk

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Nah this is disrespect ngl, I don't really have to think about to know Paul George is a top 20 player. At his best he has hovered around the 8-13 range, but he's older now, and the focus isn't the regular season but I think he is a consensus top 20 player. I don't think Paul George shyt performances get overlooked like the other two that you mentioned lmao, I actually people overanalyze any bad game Paul George has in the playoffs. Which is why he's a borderline superstar, 2nd option player to me unlike Khris Middleton or Jrue. nikkas hate PG so much they will blame him for certain losses, when Kawhi also played boo boo (one of the least held accountable superstars ever), shyt coaching from Ty Lue/Doc Rivers, bad defensive role players idk
Ehh.. thats actually what I said… that their shyt performances get overlooked, not George’.. bc of how the latter (George) is perceived.

but if you actually do think about it.. he (George) really ain’t a clear cut top 20 player unless you’re going by nostalgia or how pretty ppl think his game is. Certainly not top 20 by anything statistical or anything we’ve seen in the playoffs.

Like, saying Kawhi has played like boo boo too.. well Kawhi also dragged LAC by DAL twice while George was ghost, and was the reason they were up 3-1 vs DEN. And dragged TOR past PHI and MIL. So yea he’ll get more of a pass for a boo boo performance bc he’s had dominant playoff series that resulted in wins.

Not sure if George gets unfair hate (compared to any other perceived superstar) but if so then he also gets his fair share of capin too :manny:

Daps

But the last time he was in the offs he did his thing

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
But the last time he was in the offs he did his thing

From the 2nd half of the UTA series on through their PHX loss, I felt he turned a corner.

Does that make him a sure fire top 20 player… has he played like one this season? I’d say no to both of those.

But if he whoops ass this post-season, picking up from where he left off in the UTA series, then that’ll probably resolve many questions plaguing your squad right now.