Random NBA Observations 2022 - 2023

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Joker probably would've cruised to a third MVP, but the start of his ending was Embiid outplaying him on national tv. Then the propaganda war ratcheted up on social media. and made its way to espn via Perk. After that, with everyone laser focused on the race, Joker laid a couple duds and his team went into a nosedive. Meanwhile. Sixers and Bucks were winning, and Joel had iconic highlights (block on Ja, spearheading a ridiculous comeback with a beastly 4th quarter, hitting a gamewinner, etc). It shifted that quickly. Honestly been fun to watch. I ain't never liked a total stranger enough to get emotionally invested in these dudes.
This all goes back to people who were teenagers when Dirk and Nash won MVPs over Shaq, Kobe and LeBron. That was the beginning of the MVP is a “team award era.” That’s really what Perkins was clumsily trying to feed into. It was this weird moment where NBA MVP was not aligned with any other sports where the MVP was the most statistically dominant or arguably “best” player in the league. People aren’t even as much as invested in Embiid as they are “fighting past wrongs” or not “allowing them to continue.” You remember Houston even had that hilarious thread that Kobe winning MVP had a more positive impact on black America than Obama getting elected? That’s what this is all about.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Joker probably would've cruised to a third MVP, but the start of his ending was Embiid outplaying him on national tv. Then the propaganda war ratcheted up on social media. and made its way to espn via Perk. After that, with everyone laser focused on the race, Joker laid a couple duds and his team went into a nosedive. Meanwhile. Sixers and Bucks were winning, and Joel had iconic highlights (block on Ja, spearheading a ridiculous comeback with a beastly 4th quarter, hitting a gamewinner, etc). It shifted that quickly. Honestly been fun to watch. I ain't never liked a total stranger enough to get emotionally invested in these dudes.
March 27th Sixers vs Nuggets

Joel can put the award in a headlock

Last edited:

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
The 3pt shot is going to matter in the playoffs at least against a team like the Bucks where it's going to be difficult getting to the rim against Giannis and Lopez. It's why I think Boston beats them again this year.
Where did I say it doesn't matter? I didn't mention the playoffs either. I'm just speaking on why I enjoy the Kings offense.
:unimpressed:

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Wanna see something interesting?

Harden vs Jokic this season:

FGA Harden 14.6 Jokic 14.9
PPG Harden 21.9 Jokic 24.7
RPG Harden 6.2 Jokic 11.9
APG Harden 10.8 Jokic 10.0
SPG Harden 1.2 Jokic 1.2
BPG Harden 0.5 Jokic 0.7
3P% Harden 39.6 Jokic 40.5
FT% Harden 86.8% Jokic 81.7%
FTAs Harden 6.7 Jokic 6.2
FG% Harden 45.0% Jokic 63.0%
TOs Harden 3.4 Jokic 3.6
PFs Harden 1.9 Jokic 2.6
Usage: Harden 24.1 Jokic 31.6

Harden: not an All Star
Jokic: until this week clear favorite for MVP

Amazing what a couple of rebounds and a nice looking FG% can do for your reputation. :mjpls:

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
Wanna see something interesting?

Harden vs Jokic this season:

FGA Harden 14.6 Jokic 14.9
PPG Harden 21.9 Jokic 24.7
RPG Harden 6.2 Jokic 11.9
APG Harden 10.8 Jokic 10.0
SPG Harden 1.2 Jokic 1.2
BPG Harden 0.5 Jokic 0.7
3P% Harden 39.6 Jokic 40.5
FT% Harden 86.8% Jokic 81.7%
FTAs Harden 6.7 Jokic 6.2
FG% Harden 45.0% Jokic 63.0%
TOs Harden 3.4 Jokic 3.6
PFs Harden 1.9 Jokic 2.6
Usage: Harden 24.1 Jokic 31.6

Harden: not an All Star
Jokic: until this week clear favorite for MVP

Amazing what a couple of rebounds and a nice looking FG% can do for your reputation. :mjpls:
One is a guard and the other is a center. You're probably the only person who cares or finds this interesting.

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One is a guard and the other is a center. You're probably the only person who cares or finds this interesting.
That's my point. Take away the rebounds and FG% (free stats for centers) and they're basically having the same season but not getting the same recognition. Harden playing better defense too.