Random NBA Observations 2022 - 2023

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Whats going on with Tatum lately...he going thru personal shyt off the court or something?
He's a really really really really good player who doesn't belong in the MVP convo. Talented as hell, and when he's on, I'd pay money to watch him put on a show. But he benefits from being on a stacked team and putting up gaudy numbers that don't look quite as impressive on closer look. Even this season, when his stans try to crowbar him into the MVP discussion no matter how many stinkers he puts up, it surprised me to see his advanced numbers lag significantly behind Jimmy Butler, who this board loves to dismiss as an overrated second banana masquerading as a #1.

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
He's a really really really really good player who doesn't belong in the MVP convo. Talented as hell, and when he's on, I'd pay money to watch him put on a show. But he benefits from being on a stacked team and putting up gaudy numbers that don't look quite as impressive on closer look. Even this season, when his stans try to crowbar him into the MVP discussion no matter how many stinkers he puts up, it surprised me to see his advanced numbers lag significantly behind Jimmy Butler, who this board loves to dismiss as an overrated second banana masquerading as a #1.
The sensitive Celtics stans ain't gonna like this!
:mjgrin:

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Joel Embiid is the MVP
Barring a collapse I think his narrative is the one at this point. Honestly probably better for Joker this way. The only thing that matters for him is getting to the Finals. Anything less, even if it isn’t his fault, and his polar bear goose lookin ass is gonna get cooked for the foreseeable future.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Barring a collapse I think his narrative is the one at this point. Honestly probably better for Joker this way. The only thing that matters for him is getting to the Finals. Anything less, even if it isn’t his fault, and his polar bear goose lookin ass is gonna get cooked for the foreseeable future.
He has a rock solid narrative

Years of high level play but always coming up short with the votes

Team is winning

Had his heart broken several times in the playoffs and by not winning the award

It’s time

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He has a rock solid narrative

Years of high level play but always coming up short with the votes

Team is winning

Had his heart broken several times in the playoffs and by not winning the award

It’s time
:sadjoker:

EEGqF4FWkAA1qFK.jpg

The wild thing is I'd probably call Giannis the most dominant force in the league right now. And Joker is doing shyt no one else can do at his size in terms of orchestrating the entire offense, and he's doing it with historical efficiency. But Embiid has the most appealing case, and the "special" moments.