Random NBA Observations 2022 - 2023

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Getting "pissed" at the media not criticizing Jokic like they did Boogie is hate. You know it. I know it. There's no logical explanation as to why anyone would dare suggest someone of Jokic's standing should be ridiculed like Boogie was (which funnily enough, the majority of the criticism he faced was from the media in his own city). Or are you going to tell me you were just being sarcastic, given you have yet to address this every time I bring it up, where you only end up ignoring and deflecting and will likely do the same here?

As much as you try to convince yourself of your bullshyt, your critiques of him are not reasonable. It is why you're so intent on drawing everything back to him being at fault. I've told you time and time again, there's nothing wrong with critiquing a player for whatever they may be at fault for, but what you're doing isn't that.

How ironic over the past week you've accused me of attacking your character, deflecting, changing the argument etc, and yet here you are guilty of exactly that.

:picard:

Jokic has his limitations on defense, I've NEVER argued against that. It's fine to debate that. I don't have an qualms about anyone addressing that in a reasonable manner. What I have argued against is that he's the main cause for the team being bad on that end, and arguing against it being the main reason why they won't do anything of note in the playoffs. There's a reason why the only discourse around the Nuggets is about Jokic's defense and not anything about the other players. Any flaw the Nuggets have seems to be all about it being because of Jokic.

You can convince everyone else of your bullshyt, as long as you know that I what your agenda is.
Hoping we can drop this cause it really is pointless. On some real shyt I've never said Jokic is the reason the Nuggets lose. You disagreed with me for saying I wish the media would cover Jokic's defensive liabilities instead of ignoring it and saying how he's such a smart defender with fast hands and great positioning. That's been my ENTIRE point. I have no problem with pointing out how amazing he is because he is. The best offensive player in the league to me. Just don't ignore that he has some holes in his game that have caused problems for the Nuggets in the playoffs.

That is not an agenda. Jokic is amazing and is the reason they have had historic offensives and the only reason the team has performed as great as it has or has the success that it has.

You are correct. Jokic is not the only problem with the Nuggets defense but as the center his weaknesses in that area will have a larger impact than the other weak Denver defenders. I just posted earlier tonight that if it was just Jokic that was below average on that end he could be schemed around and that for me MPJ is the actual problem with the Nuggets because unlike Jokic he isn't a dominant offensive player that makes any issues on the other end worth it. Replace him with damn near any other two way player for the money he makes and Denver to me would be right up there as title favorites.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
that defensive foul
SgON096.gif
That was bogus as hell lol. Actually see it a lot where if a defender isn't perfectly squared up they aren't considered in legal guarding position. That shouldn't matter if an offensive player lunges out and hits them regardless of what stance they're in.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
:usure:

This is a cotdamn lie.

When he went to the bench in the 1st quarter they were down by 13
When he checked back into the game in the 2nd quarter they were down by 19
They then cut the margin down to 15 at halftime
When Jokic checked out at the end of the third quarter, the margin was only 6
When he checked back in the game the margin was 8.

Every time that Jokic checked out and back in the game, the deficit was always greater than when he last left the floor. Every time.

The minute he came back in the game in the 4th that lead instantly went back to double digits and the lead was down to 3 with him on the bench...

Daps
The minute he came back in the game in the 4th that lead instantly went back to double digits and it was a 4 point deficit in the 4th quarter...
The margin was 8 points when he checked back in (not 4), so double digits (10+) is only a field goal.

You said the minute he went to the bench they got back into the game, when really it was to the contrary. Every time he checked out of the game the deficit increased when he was on the bench. He was only a -8 in a 15-point loss, so how could you possibly draw the conclusions you did out of his plus/minus?

Again, I stress, this is the problem this board has when critiquing Jokic, they either make up shyt or they interpret things a lot different to how they actually are in reality.