Random NBA Observations 2021 - 2022

Daps
Don't see why Curry won't get to the rim and mid range. That three ball is like what triple doubles are to Russ sometimes.
Gotta wonder if it’s that he won’t get to the rim or that he cant
Maybe it's all those defenders in his vicinity everywhere he moves, that no other player in the league has to deal with. Just a thought.

:hubie:

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did you dudes watch the game or just skim the box score? Mans was getting tripled teamed

Maybe it's all those defenders in his vicinity everywhere he moves, that no other player in the league has to deal with. Just a thought.

:hubie:

I mean this isn’t exactly a new problem though is it? According to y’all at least it’s been like 6 years of this

Daps
I mean this isn’t exactly a new problem though is it? According to y’all at least it’s been like 6 years of this
And he's still getting to the rim when he can (he killed the Grizzlies in the paint a couple games ago) - it's his finishing which has been inconsistent this season. With the way he's defended, he can't do what he wants every game; there'll be games where he can't get to his spots the same, especially with Draymond out, who's the only player that understands when/where he relocates on any given possession. And I don't know what this "according to y'all" is about. It's reality. Or perhaps we live in different realities, watching different Stephs being guarded completely differently.

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And he's still getting to the rim when he can (he killed the Grizzlies in the paint a couple games ago) - it's his finishing which has been inconsistent this season. With the way he's defended, he can't do what he wants every game; there'll be games where he can't get to his spots the same, especially with Draymond out, who's the only player that understands when/where he relocates on any given possession. And I don't know what this "according to y'all" is about. It's reality. Or perhaps we live in different realities, watching different Stephs being guarded completely differently.

Sooooo is he suppose to dominate the ball in that situation? He’s already taking 2-3 defenders out of the play

he’s supposed to vary his approach. His 3pt attempt rate is even higher this season than it ever has been which was already absurdly high. Even for a shooter of his caliber there comes a point where that hurts more than helps and I’m sure he knows that which is why I asked the question.

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly bouls, Trust the Process
Yea but hearing her with Marc Jackson was turrible

At one point there was a technical foul called and she was like, "Wellll I guess there was a tech of some sort? Seth Curry shooting one."

:gucci:
Yeah, it can get bad at times. I give her the benefit of the doubt for being new and with COVID I've noticed it's a bit harder for announcers to know some calls. She certainly isn't good tho

Daps
he’s supposed to vary his approach. His 3pt attempt rate is even higher this season than it ever has been which was already absurdly high. Even for a shooter of his caliber there comes a point where that hurts more than helps and I’m sure he knows that which is why I asked the question.
He's only taking .8 of an attempt more than he did last season (while still shooting 40%), which is right in line with the league-average increase.

Historically, December has been his worst shooting month dating back to 2013. That in combination with the period around 'breaking the record', which he spoke on affected his game, has been the cause of his inconsistencies. And he's had his rotation-minutes adjusted multiple times this season to help out Wiggins and Poole. Physically, he's still capable of doing everything he did last season. Hell, you could even argue he's been better on the defensive end with his man-to-man assignments.

You questioned whether or not he's still capable of getting to the rim. He still can. But expecting him to "vary his approach" like that isn't a luxury he has every game. His approach is taking a shot when he gets open, wherever and whenever that may be. He can't pick and choose with defenders breathing down his neck everywhere he goes in the halfcourt.