Random NBA Observations 2021 - 2022

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
Westbrook was never this bad.

I said at the time during his MVP season that him having his own team was the worst thing for his game, when everyone was distracted by all his triple doubles. His game turned into a caricature of itself. He was free to do whatever, without consequence. It was the perfect breeding ground for his bad habits to amplify and proliferate.

There was once upon a time he was a good defender, but hunting for rebounds to pad his stats instead of sticking to his assignment, killed all that. He has no respect for that part of the game anymore, that's why he has no problem just abandoning his assignments, wherever and whenever.

Russ was never a good defender in the pros only at UCLA. For some games, matchups sure but never for a season or playoffs. Average at best in his best years but he'd always get toyed with off ball.

Even in his "prime" before rebound padding he'd lose his assignment all the time, mess up rotations constantly. He's a low IQ player always was. That's part of the Sabo experience.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Westbrook was never this bad.

I said at the time during his MVP season that him having his own team was the worst thing for his game, when everyone was distracted by all his triple doubles. His game turned into a caricature of itself. He was free to do whatever, without consequence. It was the perfect breeding ground for his bad habits to amplify and proliferate.

There was once upon a time he was a good defender, but hunting for rebounds to pad his stats instead of sticking to his assignment, killed all that. He has no respect for that part of the game anymore, that's why he has no problem just abandoning his assignments, wherever and whenever.
:dead:

Slic Ric

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
A lot of these reporters be letting Russ punk them, no way I'm letting him speak to me like that

Daps

We're only a handful of games into the season, and this mf is talking about trying to find motivation to play during a regular season environment because it's boring, when he's only been to the playoffs once.

:picard:

On the other hand, you can look it at as he knows what the Hawks did last season was a fluke, and is merely overcompensating because he knows his team won't be making no damn ECF again with the East being a lot stronger this season.

Last edited: