Random NBA Observations 2021 - 2022

Daps
You got an average ass center in Jonas Valencunas or however the hell you spell his name, and hes been dogging every team in the past couple season because of his size. Every time I watch him I'm like :skip:

You'd think hes as nice as Embiid or Jokic on paper, but hes not, hes just bigger than everybody :skip: He's gonna get a huuuge bag.
Needless to say, he's not as good as Embiid or Jokic, but reducing his game down to him simply being bigger than everybody, is doing him a disservice. Apart from behind the arc, he has little-to-no weakness in his skillset: he has great hands, can finish over either shoulder (with one of the better hook shots in the game), has an incredible knack for the ball, and is efficient everywhere inside of the arc.

His shortcomings are more do with his lack of defense, and his blackhole tendencies. But his actual ability to score, shouldn't be questioned.

Daps
Its funny listening to Strphanie Ready blab that heat culture non sense post game to Lowry....I guess she forgot Lowry is the one with the ring not Jimmy not Bam not Tyler...
We gonna have to have some real conversations on this board if Lowry wins a ring with the Heat. I don't think these nxggas is ready for that.

:mjgrin:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Kent Bazemore definitely got fouled but that’s not an excuse for missing that wide open easy ass layup.

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Needless to say, he's not as good as Embiid or Jokic, but reducing his game down to him simply being bigger than everybody, is doing him a disservice. Apart from behind the arc, he has little-to-no weakness in his skillset: he has great hands, can finish over either shoulder (with one of the better hook shots in the game), has an incredible knack for the ball, and is efficient everywhere inside of the arc.

His shortcomings are more do with his lack of defense, and his blackhole tendencies. But his actual ability to score, shouldn't be questioned.
Yeah he came into the league polished offensively, but hes been unleashed his last couple of seasons in Toronto (even tho he was hurt) and Memphis and now in NO. That's due to the downsizing of the league. He is no better than a guy like Brook Lopez offensively if you take away the 3.

Daps
As the season goes on, I wonder how the Lakers are going to address their issues on defense. These nxxgas is either too old or soft to be overexerting themselves on that end for some regular season ass games. Offensively, they should be able to work it out with the amount of experience they have, but I don't know about the other end. No accountability, no desire to show some fight and initiative to help out the next man.