Random NBA Observations 2021 - 2022

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

He wants to be the man, I guess no true contenders

Which is why the Bulls trading for him was going to be difficult fit wise.

He wants to be the man.

Even after our team was blasted with COVID last month and our most recent injuries, we're still 6th offensively.

We don't need a 4 that's looking for 15+ shots a game. We need someone that's going to add size, get boards, be a presence defensively. Of course we'd like him to be able to score, but that's not our main need.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I’m not getting the Jerami Grant hype. Like obviously he’s a good player to have but is he really that impactful to save someone’s season or put them over the top? Feels like he’s the Aaron Gordon of this season

He's good enough on defense to defend or slow down the team's best player and make shots as needed. PJ Tucker last year showed you the importance of those type of players in a playoff series.

Teams want players like Turner/Grant/Gordon to fill those type of roles which is why they in particular are/were in high demand.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He's good enough on defense to defend or slow down the team's best player. PJ Tucker last year showed you the importance of those type of players in a playoff series.

He’s a good player, I didn’t say he didn’t have value. But how much does he really elevate a team’s ceiling?

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He's good enough piece to get a championship contender over the hump IMO. Good wing defenders are hard to come by and he's one of those type of players.

Meh, we’ll agree to disagree. I think he’s a good piece to have but I don’t think he can single handedly elevate a team from good to great

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Meh, we’ll agree to disagree. I think he’s a good piece to have but I don’t think he can single handedly elevate a team from good to great

I never said that he could elevate a team from good to great. What I said was that he could be a plug and play guy that a contender could use to guard the teams best player, which is exactly what teams are wanting him and Myles Turner to do

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I never said that he could elevate a team from good to great. What I said was that he could be a plug and play guy that a contender could use to guard the teams best player, which is exactly what teams are wanting him and Myles Turner to do
so improve a good team or not what the fukk :dead:
Jerami Grant wasn't a first round pick and he was passed around like a blunt by 5+ teams as a means to acquire a superstar player.
stop doing this :russ:

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Well Myles Turner is another player that I think has become very overrated over time :skip:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
so improve a good team or not what the fukk :dead:

stop doing this :russ:

Jerami Grant was the 39th pick
Tobias Harris was the 19th pick

It's not even close to a fair comparison as Grant has never been hyped up by the masses like Harris has :mjlol:

Let's not sit here and pretend like dudes weren't :cape: Harris in that Sixers/Hawks thread from last season.

"bu..bu...bu... he averaged 20 PPG in the playoffs, so he is a good player."

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Well Myles Turner is another player that I think has become very overrated over time :skip:

He's essentially an Aaron Gordon type player that thinks that he is a better player than he is really. Great on defense, but is lazy and unmotivated on offense to better than he is. He insists on blaming Indy for it when his lack of growth offensively isn't on them.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Jerami Grant was the 39th pick
Tobias Harris was the 19th pick

It's not even close to a fair comparison as Grant has never been hyped up by the masses like Harris has :mjlol:

Let's not sit here and pretend like dudes weren't :cape: Harris in that Sixers/Hawks thread from last season.

"bu..bu...bu... he averaged 20 PPG in the playoffs, so he is a good player."
and instead of being straightforward and acknowledging how guys inflate their value on overachieving teams and squads with no expectations at all until they get to a team that runs out of options and has to cut the overpay check, you want to slap some smilies on a tangent and set up another circle to run around in

you don't have to be that guy all the time man

like draft status has anything to do with that.... cmon. at least call folks a bytch or something to mix it up