Random NBA Observations 2021 - 2022

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
and instead of being straightforward and acknowledging how guys inflate their value on overachieving teams and squads with no expectations at all until they get to a team that runs out of options and has to cut the overpay check, you want to slap some smilies on a tangent and set up another circle to run around in

you don't have to be that guy all the time man

Jerami Grant isn't and won't be overpaid though compared to a player like Tobias Harris. That's where your point and comparison doesn't make remote sense.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
I’m not getting the Jerami Grant hype. Like obviously he’s a good player to have but is he really that impactful to save someone’s season or put them over the top? Feels like he’s the Aaron Gordon of this season
It's moreso a case of supply and demand right now. There aren't many of his player type on the market right now as playoff teams aren't really looking to get rid of these kinds of player's, especially ones one pretty team friendly contracts. Then you add the fact that a lot of these playoff teams probably feel like the gap isn't as great as it has been previously to being a real contender. So if they can add a piece like Grant, that has played the role player role with good defense AND now shown that he can give you 20-25 if one of your go to's is having an off night, then he's seen as a guy that can get you to that next level where your a legit contender, or get you a leg up on the other contenders. I'm not saying it's true, but the sentiment is understandable and he is a bit of a commodity right now. I know Detroit better get something for him worthwhile cause his stick will never be hotter.

Daps
If he has a serious back/nerve issue, the Warriors time as a contender is finished. They would’ve been better off trading him when people thought he was worth something. Now he’s just a guy with a bad attitude, a bad back and a bad contract.
I know you have an axe to grind when it comes to Dray, but his impact is irreplaceable for the Warriors. Nobody can replicate what he does on defense and nobody can replicate the chemistry/bond he has with their franchise centerpiece (never mind the fact that Steph would never in a million years agree to it). There’ll never be a duo as impactful as him and Steph in our lifetime; you ride them until the wheels fall off.

In no world, this one or the one you live in (the world where Wiseman is of more significance), is this even remotely worth entertaining the discussion of.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
He's essentially an Aaron Gordon type player that thinks that he is a better player than he is really. Great on defense, but is lazy and unmotivated on offense to better than he is. He insists on blaming Indy for it when his lack of growth offensively isn't on them.

I dont think hes great on defense,remember the playoff series in the bubble vs Miami,he was awful....Hes like Ibaka he will block shots but outside the paint hes bad in space,doesnt know how to use his size as a deterrent...

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
I'm confused. He was getting paid regardless if he played or not

Explain?
Denver tried to pull a fast one… so instead of plying garbage minutes like Malone likes to play him he gets surgery and do t have to be near the team or Malone.. Denver knew he had a foot issue but didn’t make him get surgery all this time and just to sell another team a player they knew wasn’t healthy…

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I dont think hes great on defense,remember the playoff series in the bubble vs Miami,he was awful....Hes like Ibaka he will block shots but outside the paint hes bad in space,doesnt know how to use his size as a deterrent...

In his defense (no pun intended), he's improved a lot defensively since then and isn't as inconsistent about it as I used to give him criticism for. I don't think that he is as meh as he used to be, but I still think that Sabonis is better overall player and asset.

My thing is if that's their asking price for Turner, then what are they wanting for Sabonis? Neither one is that dude or even a star player, which is why Pritchard no problem saying what he said a few weeks back.