Random NBA Observations 2018 - 2019

Daps
I've been back and forth with this, deliberating if they can, and while he certainly limits their ceiling with his lack of defense (especially in a position of importance), he's quite literally an offensive system all by himself, to a degree that I wouldn't even be entertaining this argument if it was any other big man in the last 20+ years.

:manny:
If the Mavericks can win a championship with Dirk then the Nuggets are capable of winning a championship with Jokic.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I dont believe you can win a championship in todays NBA with an offensive center that doesnt play both sides of the ball.

Dirk played with Chandler and played the 4 with defenders and vets around him and he was completely unstoppable around that time.

Jokic doesnt have a chandler, hes not as potent offensively as Dirk was around that time, and his second fiddle Murray isnt a defender that can check star players.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
Jokic has been eye test good on defense this year (besides last night) and he’s always been numbers good. If he’s so bad at defense at such an important position, why is Denver a top 5 defensive team?

Daps
I dont believe you can win a championship in todays NBA with an offensive center that doesnt play both sides of the ball.

Dirk played with Chandler and played the 4 with defenders and vets around him and he was completely unstoppable around that time.

Jokic doesnt have a chandler, hes not as potent offensively as Dirk was around that time, and his second fiddle Murray isnt a defender that can check star players.
As a flat-out scorer, he isn't, but Jokic does shyt on the offensive end that Dirk couldn't even dream of doing, shyt you can apply that to nearly every single big man that's played the game. He's truly a player that doesn't fit in with the historical pattern of all-time great offensive anchors.

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
I don't care how versatile Jokic is. He damn sure ain't doing what Dirk did the year the Mavs won it all. Just go look up the numbers and highlights. Also the teams they went thru to get there.