Random NBA Observations 2018 - 2019

tr2k

All Star
Daps
Touch me , Teague Me with the late tech for taunting :russ:

Love watching my squad right now . Only getting better .
hCQggP.gif

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love draft sh1t so I follow a lot of those draft cats on twitter and it’s annoying how they make definitive statements about a players career already to justify where they had him pre draft

They’ll show a video of one play of the players fukkin up if they were lower then others on the player and if they were high on a player show clips of him doing good

It’s amazing the egos these guys have

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I love draft sh1t so I follow a lot of those draft cats on twitter and it’s annoying how they make definitive statements about a players career already to justify where they had him pre draft

They’ll show a video of one play of the players fukkin up if they were lower then others on the player and if they were high on a player show clips of him doing good

It’s amazing the egos these guys have
It's like the Luka and Trae Young stuff. They'll hype Luka as this great playmaker and make it seem like he's worlds better than Young while ignoring Luka has almost as many turnovers as assists. All I want is consistent coverage, cover the good and bad of these players instead of approaching it with the bias to justify previous predictions.

And that ain't to shyt on Luka at all cause he's shown great potential.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
It's like the Luka and Trae Young stuff. They'll hype Luka as this great playmaker and make it seem like he's worlds better than Young while ignoring Luka has almost as many turnovers as assists. All I want is consistent coverage, cover the good and bad of these players instead of approaching it with the bias to justify previous predictions.

I like Luka and he has a bright future but you can tell the media is giving him that extra push

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I like Luka and he has a bright future but you can tell the media is giving him that extra push
It's because of Dallas' record. They won 24 games last year and he was the major addition along with DJ (though you can see the Clips obviously aren't missing him). Nobody thought they'd be 15-11 at this point or even close.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

if people cared about turnovers or efficiency then a lot of players wouldn't be looked at like they are now

but even if you thing is "could be better with the ball", luka is doing fukking great as a rookie with high usage

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
It's because of Dallas' record. They won 24 games last year and he was the major addition along with DJ (though you can see the Clips obviously aren't missing him). Nobody thought they'd be 15-11 at this point or even close.
But can you really credit that to Luka. He has a negative net rating so far. They are doing better when he isn't on the floor so far this season.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
But can you really credit that to Luka. He has a negative net rating so far. They are doing better when he isn't on the floor so far this season.
Absolutely. He is the one main difference between last season and this season. His presence puts everybody into their natural roles.

Instead of DSJ being the primary ball handler with the starting unit, he's off ball. There's less pressure on Harrison Barnes to create on his own. Wes Matthews is shooting like he's back in Portland all of a sudden. Numbers don't always tell the full story and anything saying Dallas is better with Doncic off the floor is misleading.