Random NBA Observations 2018 - 2019

Daps
Interested to see how the T'Wolves look for the first time with Covington and Saric. I honestly think they'll make a run for the playoffs if they can stay healthy.
Before Covington trade - T'Wolves ranked 29th on defense (4-9 record)
After Covington trade - T'Wolves ranked 2nd on defense (8-3 record)

Obviously, there are # of factors that aren't directly influenced by him, but he's providing some top-10 defensive player type-impact; he isn't the M2M defender Kawhi is, but he's a better team defender. The energy and acumen he's providing through this honeymoon phase seem to be contagious too - both Wiggins and KAT are more engaged and are making smarter decisions on that side of the floor.

He was a damn good defender in Philly, but I don't recall him being this effective.

Last edited:

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
philly and toronto on wed is probably the ECF preview unless boston gets it shyt together

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i wish the nba could flex christmas day games.

Here's what I would have as the new matchups

12:00 pistons at celtics - ESPN
2:30 thunder at raptors - ABC
5:30 Sixers at Warriors - ABC
8:00 Bucks at Houston - ESPN
10:30 Nuggets at Lakers - TNT

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
i wish the nba could flex christmas day games.

Here's what I would have as the new matchups

12:00 pistons at celtics - ESPN
2:30 thunder at raptors - ABC
5:30 Sixers at Warriors - ABC
8:00 Bucks at Houston - ESPN
10:30 Nuggets at Lakers - TNT
That’s not a flex. That’s just making up the schedule as you go along

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That’s not a flex. That’s just making up the schedule as you go along

i know, i wish they could have a TBD on christmas day and select say 14 teams from the start of the season and of those 14 teams 10 play on christmas and the other 4 teams play the next day. Sort of like lets see who's good or who sucks

Daps
Before Covington trade - T'Wolves ranked 29th on defense (4-9 record)
After Covington trade - T'Wolves ranked 2nd on defense (8-3 record)

Obviously, there are # of factors that aren't directly influenced by him, but he's providing some top-10 defensive player type-impact; he isn't the M2M defender Kawhi is, but he's a better team defender. The energy and acumen he's providing through this honeymoon phase seem to be contagious too - both Wiggins and KAT are more engaged and are making smarter decisions on that side of the floor.

He was a damn good defender in Philly, but I don't recall him being this effective.

I think the Jimmy situation lit a fire under KAT and Wiggins because he publicly called out their will to compete and win. They got checked hard on their desire.

Covington is one of my favorite young wings though, I love how hard he plays at he does a little bit of everything well.