Random NBA Observations 2018 - 2019

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
The fact you're trying to hang your entire argument on 13-15 games of a season, speaks volumes. Yes, fukk all that's happened last season, and all the provability of players; let's just wipe the slate clean at the start of every season and rank players after every 10-15 games, completely disregarding all that has happened in the past.

:mjlit:
how you gonna change my statement when i literally lead off with "I don't know how you can look at this season or last" :francis: .....and i've said repeatedly you have to rely on reputation to prop kyrie up.

oladipo has been better for two years.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
certified as a #2 option to the arguable GOAT

chris bosh was just a good all-star player til he got that LBJ stimulus package too. Kevin Love was just fake stats going nowhere in minnesota. A lot of dudes don't get that opportunity to ride with a Top 5 all-time player... LBJ got to the finals with one of the worst teams anyone's ever seen I'm not about to keep cosigning this dude :hubie:

is he top 5 in the east :francis: i'm not hating but lets not cheapen the rest of the field to prop him up

I saw him play against the blazers sunday, and I was unimpressed. He looked like he's seriously regressed.

He shot 9-24, had 3 to,had only 2 assist, and -10 overall...
:hubie:yall go ahead*

Daps
it wasn't my question in the first place and either way top 5 = not kyrie is still my point :mjpls:

i already named a few guys too.
"Oladipo, lavine, kemba, even blake's goofball ass are better #1 options right now"

You know how you said "if people said Tatum was gonna have the keys by the end of the year, no one would even trip. that doesn't happen to top 5 players either"; if anyone of those aforementioned were on the Celtics instead of Kyrie, you could apply that exact same statement.

:lolbron:
lowry is your boy too so don't let this get you conflicted :skip:

but this year, if you're saying kyrie is a top 5 player in the east right now - its plainly bias and based off of reputation. boston is underperforming on offense and all those guys are responsible. other players in the east? call it a hot start if you want but dudes are balling
There's a difference between performing like a top-5 player (over a brief period) and actually being one. LeBron hasn't been a top-5 performer this season (arguably not even top-10), that doesn't mean he's not a top-5 player in the league does it? Because you can't determine rankings based off a small sample size, while yes, it's part of the equation, you have to take into account of what they've done in recent seasons past, how they've fared in the postseason, how their respective skillsets, impact and provability are tested in the harshest conditions etc.

I get it, you have an axe to grind when it comes to Kyrie, but that doesn't excuse you for being illogical.

:hubie:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
"Oladipo, lavine, kemba, even blake's goofball ass are better #1 options right now"

You know how you said "if people said Tatum was gonna have the keys by the end of the year, no one would even trip. that doesn't happen to top 5 players either"; if anyone of those aforementioned were on the Celtics instead of Kyrie, you could apply that exact same statement.

:lolbron:

There's a difference between performing like a top-5 player (over a brief period) and actually being one. LeBron hasn't been a top-5 performer this season (arguably not even top-10), that doesn't mean he's not a top-5 player in the league does it? Because you can't determine rankings based off a small sample size, while yes, it's part of the equation, you have to take into account of what they've done in the recent seasons, how they've fared in the postseason, how their respective skillsets, impact and provability are tested in the harshest conditions etc.

I get it, you have an axe to grind when it comes to Kyrie, but that doesn't excuse you for being illogical.

:hubie:
Tatum is an outstanding player and I said the same thing with Hayward before the injury too. That's not a knock on Kyrie, both of those guys are damned good - the statement is specifically regarding the gap between them.

And again, you can argue top 5 off reputation all you want but that's never my point and I never sit on reputation for anything outside of defensive players. I've made no comments on LBJ other than the fact that he's blatantly either point shaving or trying to get Luke fired lol. I also said that Boston won't continue to shoot this bad all year. So in other words, "my top 5 is fluid :mjpls:"

So yeah you could board the windows up for Kyrie, but how about we give some of these other guys some props instead of being the hater you're trying to pretend I am? :beli: He's not a top 5 player in the east right now.

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
Grant Hill’s fake beard
CASZpAM.png