Random NBA Observations 2013 - 2014

Daps
They have enough perimeter defenders to make Westbrook and Durant work. Durant struggles vs. Tony Allen and Prince did an adequate job in the playoffs last year.

The Grizz took them to 7 with a healthy Durant/Westbrook 3 years ago and while they have gotten better... Conley is playing his best ball, Gasol is a defensive anchor, and Zbo is still a double double nikka.

I think Memphis is a matchup OKC does not want... the grit and grind style
None of that matters, because Grizzlies don't have enough perimeter scoring to trouble the Thunder. You stay overrating this Grizzlies team, you been doing it for the last few seasons. We all saw what happened to them last season when the Spurs had multiple threats on the perimeter, they simply couldn't keep in touch. Even if they keep it close against OKC down the stretch, the Grizzlies don't have enough reliable options to go basket-for-basket with Durant and Westbrook.

There's no possibility whatsoever that this Grizzlies team takes a healthy Thunder squad to seven games, it's just not happening.

Daps
Grizz can live with Durant/West getting a combine total of 60-70pts, its the bench they need to worry about. KD and :youngsabo: gon get theres regardless. It would be an extra icing on the cake if they dont. Grizz need to be concerned with Lamb, Ibaka, Collison, & Jackson.

:mindblown:

Extra icing on the cake? :russ:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
None of that matters, because Grizzlies don't have enough perimeter scoring to trouble the Thunder. You stay overrating this Grizzlies team, you been doing it for the last few seasons. We all saw what happened to them last season when the Spurs had multiple threats on the perimeter, they simply couldn't keep in touch. Even if they keep it close against OKC down the stretch, the Grizzlies don't have enough reliable options to go basket-for-basket with Durant and Westbrook.

There's no possibility whatsoever that this Grizzlies team takes a healthy Thunder squad to seven games, it's just not happening.

You're underrating them and forgetting that they can just play free safety off Perkins in the postseason.

Scoring is their issue but it's all about how they dictate the pace. OKC don't want to be in 88-87 type games but that's what Memphis does and did to OKC last year.

Westbrook and Durant will combine for 55 points or so per game vs. them but will Ibaka be consistent? The young bench players? They all did a nice disappearing act last postseason.

And the Spurs series wasn't only about execution, it was about how Splitter can handle ZBO and frustrate him into bad percentages.

OKC is a bit overrated... there is something about them I just don't believe in esp if they face a team like Memphis that will slow it down and make them stay half court and force OKC into just shooting contested jumpers with a rim protector sagging off one of the worst offensive players in the NBA

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Warriors are losing way too many home games.
I know no one wants to say this so I will:

I think we crowned Steph too soon. :sadcam: Dude is just not consistent enough at this point. Hes either way on or way off. He has the bigggest green light in history and when hes knocking down those incredible shots off the dribble its :krs:...but when hes not ::huhldup: its bad basketball. Ive been giving him the benefit of the doubt but these off nights have been kinda piling up lately for both splash bros and Steph doesnt really seem to recognize when that is happening and adjust. He just keeps throwing up bricks. :why:

Daps
You're underrating them and forgetting that they can just play free safety off Perkins in the postseason.
:leostare:

If I remember correctly, after they were down 0-2 to the Clippers last season you said they were DONE and I was basically the only one in the thread that was saying they were gonna come back and win the series. I'm not underrating them - I know their limits.

Scoring is their issue but it's all about how they dictate the pace. OKC don't want to be in 88-87 type games but that's what Memphis does and did to OKC last year.
Not only have Durant and Westbrook improved, but the supporting cast has gotten better too. I can't see any team in the league holding the Thunder to those type of #s for a whole series; a game... sure, but four games... nah. Dictating the pace won't matter when neither Tayshaun, TA and Conley will be able to contain OKC when they run the floor.

Westbrook and Durant will combine for 55 points or so per game vs. them but will Ibaka be consistent? The young bench players? They all did a nice disappearing act last postseason.

Exactly, those points from Durant/Westbrook will be AUTOMATIC - you can check them in now. There's no definitive points coming from that Memphis team. Will Randolph be consistent? Will Gasol be aggressive offensively? What will Tayshaun contribute? What will Lee provide?

OKC is a bit overrated... there is something about them I just don't believe in esp if they face a team like Memphis that will slow it down and make them stay half court and force OKC into just shooting contested jumpers with a rim protector sagging off one of the worst offensive players in the NBA

Overrated in what sense, because they're certainly not overrated in the context of vs the Grizzlies. Memphis aren't slowing them down for four games in a series, you're being delusional. You're putting far too much emphasis on Perkins handicapping OKC, need I remind you that the Thunder have been statistically the best offensive team of the last 2-3 seasons.

A healthy Thunder squad roll right over Memphis in five games.

Daps
I know no one wants to say this so I will:

I think we crowned Steph too soon. :sadcam: Dude is just not consistent enough at this point. Hes either way on or way off. He has the bigggest green light in history and when hes knocking down those incredible shots off the dribble its :krs:...but when hes not ::huhldup: its bad basketball. Ive been giving him the benefit of the doubt but these off nights have been kinda piling up lately for both splash bros and Steph doesnt really seem to recognize when that is happening and adjust. He just keeps throwing up bricks. :why:

Steph isn't the problem, Klay is. He's been shooting 41/42%% over the last two months. Plus Iggy needs to be more aggressive. Steph and Lee keep having to dig them out of holes and IMO Steph is over-shooting cause Iggy isn't providing enough scoring and Klay keeps Camby'n any momentum they previously had.

Steph this month is averaging 27 points on 46% shooting, and 8.8 assists. Turnovers are an issue for him but you can't say that he hasn't been consistent.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Klay been shooting like shyt the last two months..Dude had a hot start then fell right off - hopefully for the Warriors' sake he gets his touch back for the playoffs.
U do know he was playin above himself. Hell he's still laying above himself. His career fg% isn't is horrible for a player of his so call caliber. I pity the team that gives him max money. Then again no I don't, I'll just laugh.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
uyNwhmR.gif

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Golden State's turnovers are terrible.

That team is too talented to be dropping games like they are. Iggy was starting to mesh well before he got hurt, but he's been sporadic to say the least since coming back.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
:leostare:

If I remember correctly, after they were down 0-2 to the Clippers last season you said they were DONE and I was basically the only one in the thread that was saying they were gonna come back and win the series. I'm not underrating them - I know their limits.

Not only have Durant and Westbrook improved, but the supporting cast has gotten better too. I can't see any team in the league holding the Thunder to those type of #s for a whole series; a game... sure, but four games... nah. Dictating the pace won't matter when neither Tayshaun, TA and Conley will be able to contain OKC when they run the floor.

Exactly, those points from Durant/Westbrook will be AUTOMATIC - you can check them in now. There's no definitive points coming from that Memphis team. Will Randolph be consistent? Will Gasol be aggressive offensively? What will Tayshaun contribute? What will Lee provide?

Overrated in what sense, because they're certainly not overrated in the context of vs the Grizzlies. Memphis aren't slowing them down for four games in a series, you're being delusional. You're putting far too much emphasis on Perkins handicapping OKC, need I remind you that the Thunder have been statistically the best offensive team of the last 2-3 seasons.

A healthy Thunder squad roll right over Memphis in five games.

Breh, I'm going off the eye test. Jump shooting teams always run into trouble vs. teams like MEM and IND in the postseason that will take away those easy buckets and force you in the half court.

OKC has gotten better in the half court no doubt but a nikka like Ibaka shooting 3s from the corners rather than having a low post threat is a hinderance.

It's one of the reasons OKC would never beat MIA in the Finals as currently constructed.