Random NBA Observations 2013 - 2014

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Warriors fans we made it!!! we finally got our respect :to:

For the first time in my lifetime my squad is getting ESPN commercials and shyt like that :wow: you other nikkas was spoiled with success.

drewbreez

Rookie
Daps
We'll see. :mjpls:

I wish this elite class of Point GAWDs weren't all made of glass. It could be something to watch. For some reason I don't see Rose, Curry, Irving or Wall playing 60 games a piece. History shows that injury liability is kind of permanent brehs. :yeshrug:

It's tough because they are amazing and fun to watch. But yea...durability is part of the game too. I'm seeing Melo slip in that area too. Doubt Bron Bron can go another completely injury free-season...unless he on that sauce...

tumblr_m9wmzmggux1qzslmqo1_500.gif

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Daps
I wish this elite class of Point GAWDs weren't all made of glass. It could be something to watch. For some reason I don't see Rose, Curry, Irving or Wall playing 60 games a piece. History shows that injury liability is kind of permanent brehs. :yeshrug:

It's tough because they are amazing and fun to watch. But yea...durability is part of the game too. I'm seeing Melo slip in that area too. Doubt Bron Bron can go another completely injury free-season...unless he on that sauce...

tumblr_m9wmzmggux1qzslmqo1_500.gif
Curry's played at least 70 games every season he's been in the league except for the lockout season.

drewbreez

Rookie
Daps
Curry's played at least 70 games every season he's been in the league except for the lockout season.
And my point is...when you're young and that's a problem...the number of games you play tends to go down rather than up. Trust me I think he is nice...between him and Kyrie :scusthov:

But the trend isn't promising for their injury battles.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Daps
And my point is...when you're young and that's a problem...the number of games you play tends to go down rather than up. Trust me I think he is nice...between him and Kyrie :scusthov:

But the trend isn't promising for their injury battles.
What I'm saying is the ankles have been a problem but never enough to make him miss significant time. He played 78 games last season, the ankles are no longer a major worry to us but I can see how you would feel they could be a problem.

drewbreez

Rookie
Daps
What I'm saying is the ankles have been a problem but never enough to make him miss significant time. He played 78 games last season, the ankles are no longer a major worry to us but I can see how you would feel they could be a problem.
I mean, I believe in hope and faith as much as the next person. And as fa an...going back a few decades now...I would love to see one of the great point guards in history come up the way Young Wardell has...

But I've just seen it too many times with little guards who were REALLY something for a few years (Kevin Johnson, Terrell Brandon, Gilbert Arenas, Steve Francis) and then their ankles or knees start rattling...and it's a wrap. I know hope is probably best left to the unscientific.

Take a look at those 4 guys first 5 or so years in the league...all between 6' and 6'2 max...all around 180-190....all missed games early on and then ALL fell off a cliff production-wise when worse injuries, more wear and more playoff games tested their bodies. I hope Steph is the exception but hope's all that is on his side breh.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Daps
I mean, I believe in hope and faith as much as the next person. And as fa an...going back a few decades now...I would love to see one of the great point guards in history come up the way Young Wardell has...

But I've just seen it too many times with little guards who were REALLY something for a few years (Kevin Johnson, Terrell Brandon, Gilbert Arenas, Steve Francis) and then their ankles or knees start rattling...and it's a wrap. I know hope is probably best left to the unscientific.

Take a look at those 4 guys first 5 or so years in the league...all between 6' and 6'2 max...all around 180-190....all missed games early on and then ALL fell off a cliff production-wise when worse injuries, more wear and more playoff games tested their bodies. I hope Steph is the exception but hope's all that is on his side breh.
The difference between Steph and the guys you named is Steph could be the greatest shooter the league has ever seen while those other guys depended on their athleticism to get their buckets. If you go to your local gym/park and hoop you'll see what I mean. There's guys there that can get to the basket at will and get their shot off due to their speed and agility. There's also is a guy or 2 there that doesn't have that elite speed and jumping ability but you can't ever leave him because it'll cost you 3 points.

Steph don't need to be fast to get that shot off, the other guys you named needed their speed and when their speed declined that was it for them. Show me an example of a shooter retiring early due to injury.

drewbreez

Rookie
Daps
Go on about this 'could be the greatest shooter the league has ever seen' point...

:patrice:

Based on a 4 year sample size...

You need a healthy body to get shots off. Period. Ray Allen is a great example of an outright BEAST of a shooter scorer whose production was curbed significantly by a stream of ankle injuries. He found his niche in the league, but his production declined with his ankles.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Daps
Go on about this 'could be the greatest shooter the league has ever seen' point...

:patrice:

Based on a 4 year sample size...

You need a healthy body to get shots off. Period. Ray Allen is a great example of an outright BEAST of a shooter scorer whose production was curbed significantly by a stream of ankle injuries. He found his niche in the league, but his production declined with his ankles.
Steve Kerr is statistically the greatest 3pt shooter as far as % goes. Steph will always be more athletic than Kerr ever was.

drewbreez

Rookie
Daps
Steve Kerr is statistically the greatest 3pt shooter as far as % goes. Steph will always be more athletic than Kerr ever was.
You're losing me now, fam. Good luck with your season, fareal. You said 'greatest shooter the league has ever seen' and 'Steve Kerr' in the same premise.

:dwillhuh:

Not trying to :troll: on your parade Holmes.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Daps
You're losing me now, fam. Good luck with your season, fareal. You said 'greatest shooter the league has ever seen' and 'Steve Kerr' in the same premise.

:dwillhuh:

Not trying to :troll: on your parade Holmes.
Do you know what player has the highest career 3pt% of alltime? If you don't feel like looking it up it's Steve Kerr, do you know who has the second highest career 3pt%? If you don't feel like looking that up it's Steph Curry. It's simple facts my friend don't shoot the messenger.

drewbreez

Rookie
Daps
Do you know what player has the highest career 3pt% of alltime? If you don't feel like looking it up it's Steve Kerr, do you know who has the second highest career 3pt%? If you don't feel like looking that up it's Steph Curry. It's simple facts my friend don't shoot the messenger.

Typically, the 'greatest shooters' the league has 'ever seen' since we're dealing in hyperbole...are judged by how well they shoot in multiple areas and with THOUSANDS of attempts. The NBA's list of all-time great free throw shooters also correlates to a Greatest Shooters List. If you want to say that, he CAN be an all-time great THREE-POINT shooter (give or take a few THOUSAND MORE attempts) that would be an argument to make. But don't point out a statistical cherry-pick to prove your premise. It's weak and doesn't take overall context of shooter ranking over time into account.

No..Money..Mo..Problems

it is what it is
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
I think what Blackthoughts is tryna say is that Steph's shooting numbers in his first 4 years are the best ever. He has bad ankles but there not degenerative and he will most likely play at least 10 years if not more. What separates Curry from other shooters is his ability to shoot off the dribble anytime he wants to and still be very accurate. Curry is both a volume shooter and an accurate shooter which is hard to do. Ray was similar to Curry early on in his career but than he became a strictly off-screen shooter. Curry has a better chance of putting up better numbers because of his superior ball handling skills when compared to other SG/SF like Ray, Reggie, Bird who didn't always have the ball in there hands, and his willingness to shoot the ball anytime he feels like it gives him a huge advantage over PG's like Steve Kerr, Steve Nash, etc. So to summarize it all, Curry is very accurate trigger happy shooter who will probably have the best numbers when it's all said and done and since he doesn't rely on athleticism and his ankle problems aren't career threatening he should most likely be able to achieve those numbers.

Curry stats

Career %:
FG: .465
3's: .446
FT: .901

Career attempt:
FG: 15 attempts per game
3's: 5.59 attempts per game
FT: 2.96 attempts per game

Last edited: