Random NBA Observations 2013 - 2014

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Pelicans pick is top 5 protected, which means the only way they keep that first rounder is if the pick lands in the top 5 during the lottery. If not it goes to the Sixers.

Unprotected means the pick goes to the other team no matter what.

So, we could, theoretically, have the #1 pick next year?

What do the Sixers get, if that were to happen?

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
So, we could, theoretically, have the #1 pick next year?

What do the Sixers get, if that were to happen?

We'd get nothing this year, but the pick (still top 5 protected) compensation rolls over to next year's draft. Same thing happens every year until 2019 or when the Sixers get the pick.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
We'd get nothing this year, but the pick (still top 5 protected) compensation rolls over to next year's draft. Same thing happens every year until 2019 or when the Sixers get the pick.
:huh:

Okay

I just wanted to make sure I understood the we-keep-it-if-Top-5 part

But, I never understood what would happen if that happened, what the other team would get

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
A source close to Jrue Holiday (leg) tells CSNNW they're optimistic he can return in approximately one month.

We're not going to take this timetable as gospel, as it comes from a reporter who typically covers the Blazers and stress fractures have unpredictable healing results. But it's a reasonable and solid general guideline for owners weighing roster decisions to go on. If Holiday is out a month, he'll miss 17 games. During that time, we'd expect Brian Roberts is assume top-100 value in fantasy formats