Random NBA Observations 2013 - 2014

Ritzy Sharon

Don't Make Me Pull The Oud Out
Daps

Quincy bout to have his coming out party on national television against Durant. :banderas:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Dude is not an NBA player right now -

bennett3.gif

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
I remember scouting him, he was a legit 1st rounder but he was never a 1st pick. He got flabby and much worse. He don't care. He cared at UNLV.

He played in the Mountain West though, and he was physically dominating a lot of guys that wont even make it to the NBDL, a 6'7" PF in the Mountain West is kind of scary thing to draft. Kawhi was the same way, but he got converted into a SF since there was no chance of him playing PF in the league. There's no chance Bennett can play the 3, his handle is entirely too sloppy and he's just not quick enough for it.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
He played in the Mountain West though, and he was physically dominating a lot of guys that wont even make it to the NBDL, a 6'7" PF in the Mountain West is kind of scary thing to draft. Kawhi was the same way, but he got converted into a SF since there was no chance of him playing PF in the league. There's no chance Bennett can play the 3, his handle is entirely too sloppy and he's just not quick enough for it.

Ehhh the Mountain West is a top level conference now. Tons of top 100 talent going there the past 4-5 years and I wouldn't say the size/ athleticism is any different than what you see in the B1G, ACC, B12, etc... Bennett was a top 3 player in his class but his lack of success is squarely on him.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Ehhh the Mountain West is a top level conference now. Tons of top 100 talent going there the past 4-5 years and I wouldn't say the size/ athleticism is any different than what you see in the B1G, ACC, B12, etc... Bennett was a top 3 player in his class but his lack of success is squarely on him.

Nah fam, I'm not drafting a 6'7" PF that puts up numbers against the Mountain West, while it's improved there were plenty of nights he was going against some 6'8" slow footed white dude that had no business even attempting to cover him.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Nah fam, I'm not drafting a 6'7" PF that puts up numbers against the Mountain West, while it's improved there were plenty of nights he was going against some 6'8" slow footed white dude that had no business even attempting to cover him.

Like who? You didn't see what SDSU did to Kansas? BYU, Utah (now Pac12), UNLV, New Mexico and to a lesser extent Fresno St (Paul George), Boise St, Colorado St all have put out good NBA talent in the past few years. Bennetts flaws wouldn't have been exposed in any other conference because the Mountain West was arguably better than any conference not named the Big East or Big Ten.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
remember when nikkas made game threads for heat vs knicks? it was all good a year ago.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Like who? You didn't see what SDSU did to Kansas? BYU, Utah (now Pac12), UNLV, New Mexico and to a lesser extent Fresno St (Paul George), Boise St, Colorado St all have put out good NBA talent in the past few years. Bennetts flaws wouldn't have been exposed in any other conference because the Mountain West was arguably better than any conference not named the Big East or Big Ten.

New Mexico in particular didn't have the athletes to matchup with Bennett, I think Kirk will make it to the league off size but Bairstow has no business even attempting to guard Bennett. And when he wasn't matched up with some slow white dudes, he was going against guys who are right around the same height as him while he's 30lbs heavier than most. He basically had a physical advantage whether it was quickness or power every night he played in that conf. and while they put out NBA talent, it's not like every team has an NBA level player at the position Bennett plays.