Random NBA Observations 2013 - 2014

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Go to the RealGM Rookie thread or the Bucks board. The consensus seems to be move Sanders and groom Greek Freak into a PF since he'll have the size and frame after potentially growing to a 7 footer

Burden of proof isn't on me, you're the one making claims about how he's a 4 when the reality is he's out there guarding wing players and doing a pretty good job at it :russ:

Show me these things that Giannis can do that AK47 can't? :russ:

:stopitslime: Since when could AK47 take anyone off the dribble from the 3 line? If you want to throw out a comparison say Nicholas Batum or something, cause the Ak47 one is absolutely terrible. If you watched him play, I wouldn't need to show you because you'd clearly see things from him that AK47 just didn't do :ld:

I'm not saying he won't improve but 7-10 ppg on a bad team needing someone to put up empty stats to 16 ppg on a good to great team is a massive improvement :ld: He's a guy I see putting up multiple 5 blk 5 stl 5 ast 5 rebound nights, which is cool but he ain't no damn Durant with elite defense or Pippen with height or some future cornerstone like I keep hearing from people caught up in the sauce :stopitslime:

Gotta stop putting emphasis on these young players putting up stats on bad teams, it's the Toronto Raptor's "Mike James" effect, except 85% of the league is in that position. Khris fukking Middleton and Brandon Knight have been putting up great stats the past 5 games is all I'm saying :yeshrug:

:mindblown:
Who has said anything about Pippen or Durant? @Tony_Bromo said he was the best rookie in the league. And he does have the potential to be special.

You're talking about stats on bad teams like he's some multi-year vet, he's a rookie that is generally what they do since they often end up on bad teams. Everyone that watches him comes away impressed and saying he has the potential to be special, nobody does that with Knight or Middleton, his talent is apparent to anyone that watches him play. This is a dude that when drafted people weren't sure whether or not he was going to come over, or if he was even ready to begin with.

Black

GOAT
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ/FL
is khris related to kate middleton?

i

Kate-Middleton+photo.jpg

Doc-Rivers.gif

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Burden of proof isn't on me, you're the one making claims about how he's a 4 when the reality is he's out there guarding wing players and doing a pretty good job at it :russ:

He's not done growing, what part of that is hard to understand? What you can do at 6'9 aint the same at 7 ft in a lot of cases.

As for threads...

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1276535&start=1335
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1293457
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1287866

:stopitslime: Since when could AK47 take anyone off the dribble from the 3 line? If you want to throw out a comparison say Nicholas Batum or something, cause the Ak47 one is absolutely terrible. If you watched him play, I wouldn't need to show you because you'd clearly see things from him that AK47 just didn't do :ld:

So we're going to act like pre-injury Kirilenko, who was a point forward, didn't have a great first step or couldn't dribble from the perimeter :russ:

AK47 is one of those unfortunate cases that didn't reach his peak but people forget about it. I remember people being bullish on him and his threat to be a quadruple double any night. Greek Freak should be honored by that comparison but that ain't no damn franchise, cornerstone, volume scorer.

You're talking about stats on bad teams like he's some multi-year vet, he's a rookie that is generally what they do since they often end up on bad teams. Everyone that watches him comes away impressed and saying he has the potential to be special, nobody does that with Knight or Middleton, his talent is apparent to anyone that watches him play.

Yeah, when rookies put up great production say MCW and have the youth + tools to have high ceilings then yeah, it's safe to extrapolate into the future, but when you're talking about a guy averaging 7 ppg on a bad team, it becomes a bit more disingenuous to project him as the second best player in the league with more defense

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Who just heard bill walton during that ucla game?

They asked him his thoughts on ucla and he he said "after years of shadowboxing the apocalypse and wandering the lands, the clouds have parted.."

I am in tears brehs:russ::russ:

Last edited:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
He's not done growing, what part of that is hard to understand? What you can do at 6'9 aint the same at 7 ft in a lot of cases.

You're acting as though he'd be the only @ 6'10" or taller playing the 3, he has the game of a 3 regardless of how tall he winds up.

One person on that page said PF, and the very next post said he's a 3 all the way.

6 pages? You want me to find the posts that talk about him playing the 4 in six pages.

The first person to even mention what position said -

Yeah, I see no way that Giannis ends up a PF. I think he'd have a better shot of playing SG than PF to be honest.

You made it sound like there was some great push to get him to play the 4, when in fact it's one or two posts here and there.

So we're going to act like pre-injury Kirilenko, who was a point forward, didn't have a great first step or couldn't dribble from the perimeter :russ:

He didn't you can post all the highlights you want, and the funny part is in all those videos there's like 2 plays total of him starting with a dribble from outside the 3 point line :russ: The very highlights you post show a hustle guy & very high level garbage man that made the right cuts at the right time, not some dude even remotely capable of creating off the dribble even at an average level. Pre injury Kirilenko? No, there's no such thing, there's pre-Carlos Boozer and post Carlos Boozer Ak47. You either didn't watch Ak47 in actual games, or you have a bad memory of how he scored his points, and are just looking at box scores of Giannis and not actually seeing how he's scoring.

AK47 is one of those unfortunate cases that didn't reach his peak but people forget about it. I remember people being bullish on him and his threat to be a quadruple double any night. Greek Freak should be honored by that comparison but that ain't no damn franchise, cornerstone, volume scorer.

:russ: No, Ak47 is a dude that posted big numbers on a bad team when Carlos Boozer was injured, his best years were when Boozer was injured and he could still play the 4. Once they moved him to the 3, he turned into an 11/6/5 guy. That has nothing to do with him not reaching his peak, he was a mismatch at the 4, too quick for other bigs to defend but once they put him at the 3 he couldn't do a damn thing against them. On the flipside, Giannis isn't having much difficulty right now putting the ball on the floor against 2s or 3s, but apparently that is something Ak47 could do :stopitslime:

Yeah, when rookies put up great production say MCW and have the youth + tools to have high ceilings then yeah, it's safe to extrapolate into the future, but when you're talking about a guy averaging 7 ppg on a bad team, it becomes a bit more disingenuous to project him as the second best player in the league with more defense

:wtf: The Sixers aren't a bad team?

And Giannis is averaging 11/6 as a starter, he is the youngest player in the NBA, why is that so difficult to understand? And you keep saying Durant, I ask you yet again who said anything about him being Durant, please point out one person that has.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:lupe: So is this going to be your thing, go at Drummond, an unfinished 20 year old product that is way ahead of where we thought he'd be? Meanwhile you got a nearly 30 year old center still trying to learn how to play in the post, do you really wanna go down this road breh? Cause when the playoffs start and Dwight lays that inevitable egg I will go at you like you said Luther Head had superstar potential :smugbiden:

He really is breh.
Lol. His ceiling is Dwight Howard.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
yadda yadda yadda I don't know shyt I'm talking about

So you ask for a thread, says the thread is too long or find one post out of a sea of post with the opposite opinion to confirm your obtuse opinion? I'm done breh, after you said there is two plays where he takes someone off the dribble from the 3 point line when there's more than that in the last video alone is hilarious. Then again, you're the same guy who said you wouldn't give prime Magic Johnson the max and you couldn't win a championship with him