Random NBA Observations 2013 - 2014

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
There is truth to this.

Boston fans and specifically that bill simmons guy consistently shytted on doc rivers coaching even during the celtics '08 championship season. Them boys won 60+ regular season games but even durin all that dude was frontin like the newly formed big 3 were winning all those games DESPITE doc rivers and that doc was only good at making scripted "emotional" speeches when he knew cameras were on their huddles durin telecast games. :dead:

In fact, back in 2011, some of the Spoelstra shyt that went on during his first year with the big 3 reminded me alot of the doc rivers stuff (i.e. figured they'd shyt on him whenever possible and say the team was winning in spite of him, but i always felt they'd hop on his bandwagon once miami inevitably won with him).. though it ended up draggin on far worse in his case b/c miami didn't breeze thru the regular season that year and ended their first finals trip in embarrassment.

Boston fans ripped Doc (and Ainge in all honesty) the season prior to KG/Allen going there. I was there when they were losing all those games in a row. People were ready to clean house entirely at that point, and shyt got real when the didn't land a pick to get Oden or Durant

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Boston fans ripped Doc (and Ainge in all honesty) the season prior to KG/Allen going there. I was there when they were losing all those games in a row. People were ready to clean house entirely at that point, and shyt got real when the didn't land a pick to get Oden or Durant

They still didn't give Doc his credit, they just conveniently changed the narrative.

THe story about Doc became he is great at managing egos of veteran players.

Yes, Vinnie.

He coached a team with the inability to play defense and shoot freethrows. added to that a ball hog at PG and led them to franchise record in wins.

What exactly did Vinnie do wrong?

Its like once public perception says you are a bad coach its nothing you can do to change.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
that's right. in fact, wasn't doc part of that 18 game losin streak (or however long it was) with t-mac and em a few years before that in orlando? if so then doc def had his share of bad luck (or whatever we want to call it) before striking gold

Sam Peel

Banned
Daps
Reppin
South London

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Nuggets will make the playoffs. Too much talent on that team to not get at least the 8th spot. If they were in the East they would be top 5 easily.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
They still didn't give Doc his credit, they just conveniently changed the narrative.

THe story about Doc became he is great at managing egos of veteran players.

Yes, Vinnie.

He coached a team with the inability to play defense and shoot freethrows. added to that a ball hog at PG and led them to franchise record in wins.

What exactly did Vinnie do wrong?

Its like once public perception says you are a bad coach its nothing you can do to change.
vinnie did a lot of shyt wrong if you actually watch the games.

Ritzy Sharon

Don't Make Me Pull The Oud Out
Daps
6/7th seed for The Nuggets this year. :ld:

can't call it. there's so many factors this season (Shaw's system, Gallo coming back 100%, McGee's progression, Fournier improving etc..) that could have us fighting for homecourt or fighting to get in the playoffs.

Nate Rob, Hickson and Arthur were great pickups. Tim Connelly = the Irish Masai. :wow:

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
There is truth to this.

Boston fans and specifically that bill simmons guy consistently shytted on doc rivers coaching even during the celtics '08 championship season. Them boys won 60+ regular season games but even durin all that dude was frontin like the newly formed big 3 were winning all those games DESPITE doc rivers and that doc was only good at making scripted "emotional" speeches when he knew cameras were on their huddles durin telecast games. :dead:

In fact, back in 2011, some of the Spoelstra shyt that went on during his first year with the big 3 reminded me alot of the doc rivers stuff (i.e. figured they'd shyt on him whenever possible and say the team was winning in spite of him, but i always felt they'd hop on his bandwagon once miami inevitably won with him).. though it ended up draggin on far worse in his case b/c miami didn't breeze thru the regular season that year and ended their first finals trip in embarrassment.

That's the truth though. We won despite Doc Rivers.. dude is an idiot that has lost us countless games with his terrible substitutions, terrible offensive plays/sets and inability/willingness to make adjustments to how to teams were defending us. Put it like this, with a better coach, the Celtics would've beat the Magic in 09 even without KG. Doc is just a moron. :camby:

Rivers is the worst type of coach to have when you have multiple all-star caliber players on one team. Even on a team with 3 or 4 top 10 players at their position, there are still some players who impact the game more than their teammates. This fool has lost us so many leads and games thinking the opposite.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
can't call it. there's so many factors this season (Shaw's system, Gallo coming back 100%, McGee's progression, Fournier improving etc..) that could have us fighting for homecourt or fighting to get in the playoffs.

Nate Rob, Hickson and Arthur were great pickups. Tim Connelly = the Irish Masai. :wow:
eddiemurphyyesnodapprov.gif

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
Has anyone else been watching the Grantland NBA preview vids on Youtube?It's amazing how great of a duo Bill and Jalen are when working with just each other but ESPN's halftime shyt is a straight up debacle. ESPN needs to let them cats have full creative control.Magic and Wilbon are obviously holding them back.

• Dap
Reactions: Jax

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
Is it me or is Denver 3 deep with decent players at EVERY position :wtf: with them playing with an advantage in the Colorado I can't see them not making the playoffs.