Random NBA Observations 2013 - 2014

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
I'm more hyped for this season then I was for when Bron first went to the Heat. Cause now you seem teams like Brooklyn and Indy loading up trying to take them down. Cant forget about Chicago either. All these teams have bigs that can give Miami trouble and that is why it's imperative for Chris Bosh to come back strong this season and at the least try to get 8 to 10 rebounds a night. And he needs to stop taking so many threes too. He's decent from there but he shouldn't be attempting a three every game. If they can get anything from Oden that would be a plus cause those teams with two or three post players are going to give Miami trouble in the playoffs. While I expect Bron and the boys to 3 peat I also realize it's extremely hard to do that and that it's even harder to even get to 4 in a row which they are working on. And that's not even including the West which is going to be as tough as ever and I could see any number of teams coming out of there. Including OKC the Spurs the Clippers Rockets etc. This season is primed (as long as injuries don't take out major stars) to be one of the best in a while.

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
I'm more hyped for this season then I was for when Bron first went to the Heat. Cause now you seem teams like Brooklyn and Indy loading up trying to take them down. Cant forget about Chicago either. All these teams have bigs that can give Miami trouble and that is why it's imperative for Chris Bosh to come back strong this season and at the least try to get 8 to 10 rebounds a night. And he needs to stop taking so many threes too. He's decent from there but he shouldn't be attempting a three every game. If they can get anything from Oden that would be a plus cause those teams with two or three post players are going to give Miami trouble in the playoffs. While I expect Bron and the boys to 3 peat I also realize it's extremely hard to do that and that it's even harder to even get to 4 in a row which they are working on. And that's not even including the West which is going to be as tough as ever and I could see any number of teams coming out of there. Including OKC the Spurs the Clippers Rockets etc. This season is primed (as long as injuries don't take out major stars) to be one of the best in a while.
Exactly how I feel. Great post.

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
OKC fans, how far do you expect to go with only 3 good players?

Top 3 in the West & hopefully the conference finals. Which is where we could have been last year if Russy didn't get hurt.

fukk Patrick Beverly & his whole family :birdman:
Scott brooks coaching :laff:

:sadbron: I hate Brooks. I'm just waiting for them to catch him on camera in a huddle trying to come up with something on offense, before just looking at KD & Russy & telling them to just go be awesome while everyone else gets out of the way.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
:sadbron: I hate Brooks. I'm just waiting for them to catch him on camera in a huddle trying to come up with something on offense, before just looking at KD & Russy & telling them to just go be awesome while everyone else gets out of the way.
similar shyt with Vinny breh so I've felt your pain. Dude had just enough success to not get fired now you're stuck with him for a lil while :sadbron: I think this may be his last season if they don't perform. I just don't understand his substitution patterns at all :mindblown:

DoubleJ13

Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
similar shyt with Vinny breh so I've felt your pain. Dude had just enough success to not get fired now you're stuck with him for a lil while :sadbron: I think this may be his last season if they don't perform. I just don't understand his substitution patterns at all :mindblown:

No one understands Brooks goofy ass rotations. He legit thought playing Perk in the finals against Miami would force them out of their smallball strategy :mindblown:

fscballin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

scott brooks>>>>>del negro

1st full season - loses to 2010 champs in the 1st round
2nd full season - loses to 2011 champs in the conference finals
3rd full season - loses to 2012 champs in nba finals
4th full season - loses 3rd best player in off season, OKC has best record in the west, 2nd best record overall, loses 2nd best player in the 1st round and still wins, then loses in the 2nd round

in Vinny's 3 full seasons, he made the playoffs twice, barely making out of the 1st round once, and losing in the 1st round the next season, and thats with the best pg in the league, and a top 3 position-wise, allstar starting pf.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps

4th full season - loses 3rd best player in off season, OKC has best record in the west, 2nd best record overall, loses 2nd best player in the 1st round and still wins, then loses in the 2nd round

in Vinny's 3 full seasons, he made the playoffs twice, barely making out of the 1st round once, and losing in the 1st round the next season, and thats with the best pg in the league, and a top 3 position-wise, allstar starting pf.
This man dropped undisputable facts.

No..Money..Mo..Problems

it is what it is
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide

Vinny sucks but Brooks is just as bad at coaching, most of the credit should go to Durant/Sabo and there GM excluding the Green/Harden trades.

Daps

:what:

All of this is just stupid.

DoubleJ13

Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC

Brooks track record looks good because he has 2 of the top 10 players in the world who have both been improving every year while staying healthy.

The only thing Brooks has done where I'll give him full credit is he built good relationships with players & got them to buy into what he says & block out outside stuff. Mainly how he deals with Russy.

Outside of that he isn't doing anything really. Our whole offense is iso based around KD & Russy, Brooks really hasn't expanded that outside of Harden. Serge is pretty good & should be doing more on offense but Brooks doesn't make him a priority. They try to get him going early most nights & then don't run anything for him for long stretches, which has to change this season. He won't play rookies unless he has no choice or in garbage time. Last year all he said was there was no time for Lamb but when old ass Fisher showed up Brooks played him 14 minutes a game. We just took Steven Adams 12th overall & I don't expect to see him other than garbage time or watching the D-League on youtube.