Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
CHEAT DAY MOTHERFACKASSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Bout to slow stroke this pizza RIGHT NOW!

tumblr_mcybpeRjl11qg4f82o1_r4_500.gif

:heh:

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
Would have dropped something within a week.:skip:

I didn't really think much of it since i'm pretty sturdy with the suicide grip, I have small wrists and small hands for a HW so I been unknowingly asking for trouble as is by using it but I won't be using it much in the future, dude was lucky to only have had 155 on the incline bench when he lost it, I think he was more hurt than embarrassed but that shyt looked horrifying.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
A lot of people have been complimenting me about how much weight I've lost but I'm nowhere near my set target. It has me thinking about how sloppy I must have been looking before. I wish someone would have told me back then instead me having to find out for myself :to:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Did your elbow pain ever come back after cutting out tricep extensions? My elbow been hurting for like 2-3 weeks, last week friday I finally told myself to take a break so this shyt can heal. I copped a sleeve & I'ma get back in the gym on Monday.
I started doing them again, but only pushdowns. No overhead shyt. The elbow pain was more from my fingers and wrists being hyper-extended in overhead movements (like a pitcher's hand mid throw). Problem with that is you need some kind of overhead movement to hit the long head of your triceps. I will try some overhead tricep extensions this week and see how they feel, and focus on keeping my wrists flexed.

I would give yourself a full week or even 10 days off. 2 days isn't long enough for healing and you won't lose any gains. You get bored, take the NSX for a spin :jawalrus:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:leon:Been trying recently to see how close my raw 1RM were to my assisted maxes back in May. Got 495 on deadlift with bare hands and I got 375 twice on squats. Proper form and no pain.

nikkas be sleeping on rear delt work so tragic. :wow:

3 year anniversary of me working out btw. Time for pic updates. :banderas:
U finna compete my niggy? Those are natural numbers worth talkin about.

Brooklynzson

Just a kid from Brooklyn
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
I started doing them again, but only pushdowns. No overhead shyt. The elbow pain was more from my fingers and wrists being hyper-extended in overhead movements (like a pitcher's hand mid throw). Problem with that is you need some kind of overhead movement to hit the long head of your triceps. I will try some overhead tricep extensions this week and see how they feel, and focus on keeping my wrists flexed.

I would give yourself a full week or even 10 days off. 2 days isn't long enough for healing and you won't lose any gains. You get bored, take the NSX for a spin :jawalrus:
Hmm, I might stop doing the overhead shyt with the exception of scull crushers. I been doing a lot more shyt for triceps on chest & tri days. Thats & probably bad form is what brought on the pain :patrice:

Today the 9th day Ive been out (doing the R.I.C.E. thing), the gym keep calling me :noah: Thats what i been doing since i can't go to the gym, driving just to drive :dead:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hmm, I might stop doing the overhead shyt with the exception of scull crushers. I been doing a lot more shyt for triceps on chest & tri days. Thats & probably bad form is what brought on the pain :patrice:

Today the 9th day Ive been out (doing the R.I.C.E. thing), the gym keep calling me :noah: Thats what i been doing since i can't go to the gym, driving just to drive :dead:
Sometimes less is more. It's counterintuitive, but sometimes it works. All I do for chest is bench 3x week. All I do for triceps are 1 accessory 3x a week. Etc. I don't know what your workout is, but try cutting some of the tricep work volume. I did and my shyts are growing, and my elbows have been good for like 3 months, instead of before when I was out damn near once a month for them.

Brooklynzson

Just a kid from Brooklyn
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
Sometimes less is more. It's counterintuitive, but sometimes it works. All I do for chest is bench 3x week. All I do for triceps are 1 accessory 3x a week. Etc. I don't know what your workout is, but try cutting some of the tricep work volume. I did and my shyts are growing, and my elbows have been good for like 3 months, instead of before when I was out damn near once a month for them.
Yeah, I'm doing too much cause I lost 5-7lbs when I took a month off after fracturing my index finger playing ball. In that month all I was doing was playing ball 4-5 days a week. So all that cardio fukked up my gains (in my head at least), so when I was finally able to make enough of a fist to grip a dumbbell I started going extra hard, doing madd extra shyt. :snoop:

I do back & bi's Monday, chest & tris Wed & shoulders on Friday. Tues & Thurs legs.

I'ma do what you said & cut back on the tricep work. I'ma cut back on pushups too, I was doing 50+ every night.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yeah, I'm doing too much cause I lost 5-7lbs when I took a month off after fracturing my index finger playing ball. In that month all I was doing was playing ball 4-5 days a week. So all that cardio fukked up my gains (in my head at least), so when I was finally able to make enough of a fist to grip a dumbbell I started going extra hard, doing madd extra shyt. :snoop:

I do back & bi's Monday, chest & tris Wed & shoulders on Friday. Tues & Thurs legs.

I'ma do what you said & cut back on the tricep work. I'ma cut back on pushups too, I was doing 50+ every night.
I know the feeling. I've been there. Get a good wave and try to push, or get in a bad wave and try to push when you get well. Just gotta think long term and focus on progression.