Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
So what is the consensus in here?

Is the term"Clean" food just over complicating nutrition?

:manny: i define clean as calories that are used

anything unclean includes shyt you dont need.

if you have a clean diet you are eating shyt that includes necessary vitamins and your necessary macros and nothing else

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I swear I hate travelling for work. I'll have a great routine going. Have a meal schedule, gym schedule and be on a role. Dropped 15. Then I'll travel for a few weeks and it'll fukk me all up. The combo of working crazy hours, taking clients to dinners, and social drinks and it's a wrap.

Last time I was on the road I was able to sneak in a couple of runs but it's just so much more difficult with the constant changing schedule.

I had the same issue as you breh...I always made sure that the hotel/motel I stayed in had something of a gym in it so i'd do a stripped down exercise routine. But it was the eating right on the road that was challenging. It took herculean effort for me to stay in shape during those times because it was so easy to lose control of your eating

Daps
Reppin
thetown to global
What's "the gym's" consensus on chalk :ld:

I don't necessarily view it as "cheating".

I've been cranking out 405x8 on deadlifts lately, like nothing :whew:

( will happily drop a vid for doubters :whistle: )

But real talk, you're missing out if you haven't subscribed to using chalk during heavy routines.

Just make sure your form and posture are correct. (as always)

I might make a run for 5 plates during the summer...

chalk changed my life breh. i ditched gloves completely and lift bare hand because of chalk, even tho the weight kind of hurts the metal wire in my right hand.

plus lifts like deadlifts go much higher when i can get a proper grip on it. :lawd:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I went to the gym this morning with the enthusiasm of a person about to get a tooth pulled. It was a leg day though so I ended up having a really good workout. Felt the burn and all that.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Squat day sucked. The combo of rushing into higher weight/changing grip/doing too much cardio/it just being hot as hell had me feeling :flabbynsick:. I think I'm going to try them again on friday when I do my back workout to redeem myself. With this starting strength grip though, I noticed my head placement and back position has to be perfect.

Other than that shyt went well.:ld:

semtex

:)
Daps
What's "the gym's" consensus on chalk :ld:

I don't necessarily view it as "cheating".

I've been cranking out 405x8 on deadlifts lately, like nothing :whew:

( will happily drop a vid for doubters :whistle: )

But real talk, you're missing out if you haven't subscribed to using chalk during heavy routines.

Just make sure your form and posture are correct. (as always)

I might make a run for 5 plates during the summer...
Why would using chalk be considered cheating? :what:

TYBG

Ditty Dum Ditty Doo
Supporter
Daps
:leon: Idk I could have sworn, I read somewhere about peeps sh*tting on chalk usage :manny:

Point is, idk how I lifted all these years without it :wow:

I actually left the gym without any callouses either...

where you buy the chalk at bruh. My girl complainin my hands feel like sandpaper:dead: I use mad cocoa butter too but that don't do shyt

Anyways..finals done. Back to business:lift:

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
where you buy the chalk at bruh. My girl complainin my hands feel like sandpaper:dead: I use mad cocoa butter too but that don't do shyt

Anyways..finals done. Back to business:lift:

i got rough ass hands anyway so it doesnt matter to me. plus this LA Fitness i go to doesnt have chalk anyway. :manny:

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
I use straps all the time I go over 300...the school gym here frowns upon using chalk. They also confronted me after that last video I posted and for dropping weighs..."promotes a gym bullying atmosphere".

Since the semester is over... I might sneak some white in. :ANYWORD:

Leg day...skipped legs for over 2 weeks. Overtime work tonight...:to: