Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
bench-195
deadliftt-275
squat-205

2.5 yrs ago i couldnt lift 20 pound dumbell

iASb50e0aXu0z.gif

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
As far as I'm concerned leg press machines are useless. :ehh:
Did some regular squats, ATG and some box squats...the box ones got me. :dead:

There is nothing like a full night's rest.:wow2:

I do em both.

I like doing drop-sets on the leg press machine.

:yeshrug:

I never replace squats with them though :scusthov:

But the leg press might be the most misused machine in the gym. From cats doing 3-inch reps to other dudes rounding/compressing their lower back at the bottom :kobedamn:...shyt can be hard to watch.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
I hit the gym this AM and did shoulders, chest, tricpes, cardio and abs but I damn near ruined my whole workout today :snoop:

I went out with these chicks and the homies to the taqueria bar & grill and had quesadillas, beers & patron :snoop: I gotta run tmorow

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
When I tighten my stomach I can see a rock hard set of abs that can grate the finest of cheeses or used to wash the dirtiest of laundry. When relaxed, the muffin top remains. Which is perplexing since I don't even eat muffins like that. I have a feeling there will be more cardio and salads in my future.

Sent from a Super Samsung Galaxy 3 via Master Roshi's Island.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
I do em both.

I like doing drop-sets on the leg press machine.

:yeshrug:

I never replace squats with them though :scusthov:

But the leg press might be the most misused machine in the gym. From cats doing 3-inch reps to other dudes rounding/compressing their lower back at the bottom :kobedamn:...shyt can be hard to watch.

The one at my gym has plates not a machine....would be useful to do drop sets I suppose. :leostare:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
had my mandatory personal training session at the new gym :heh: outworked my trainer and made him use his stupid electric body fat test

he was 4.4% and i was 6% :dead:

i started out the day 10% :deadrose:

this piece of shyt made me do 30 consecutive reps of dumbbell press/fly :why:

i still did it tho , and i made him do it with me @ 35lbs :laff: the look on his face when he realized he was huffing and i wasnt

i was like "more :mjpls: " he says :whoa:

how the f*ck does these people get certified...

funny thing is, I've been looking at the NASM, PT study guide and it's fairly comprehensive. At least from a general biology + exercise science point of view.

:ld:

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
how the f*ck does these people get certified...

funny thing is, I've been looking at the NASM, PT study guide and it's fairly comprehensive. At least from a general biology + exercise science point of view.

:ld:

i have no clue man

my dude said 3 sets of 30 :skip: i said so "what is our goal of training here like this"

he says "i like the way it makes me feel" :usure:

the funny part was after he left i still did my weighted dips and chinups :bryan: i saw him watchin me from the balcony sour as fukk :cheff:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
i have no clue man

my dude said 3 sets of 30 :skip: i said so "what is our goal of training here like this"

he says "i like the way it makes me feel" :usure:

the funny part was after he left i still did my weighted dips and chinups :bryan: i saw him watchin me from the balcony sour as fukk :cheff:

30 reps huh, I'm assuming the weight was light...

I'd probably have respect for breh, if he stated that purpose of doing light weight + numerous reps, is geared at targeting smaller muscles, that are largely neglected, when people lift "heavier" with atrocious form...

But simply stating "I like the way it feels" is completely unorthodox...

This is why I don't like the fitness industry. And subscribes to this bs of being big as f*ck.

The point of fitness, is to be "fit". Now the game is all about taking as many stimulants as possible. From protein to steroids.

I want no parts of it...

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
30 reps huh, I'm assuming the weight was light...

I'd probably have respect for breh, if he stated that purpose of doing light weight + numerous reps, is geared at targeting smaller muscles, that are largely neglected, when people lift "heavier" with atrocious form...

But simply stating "I like the way it feels" is completely unorthodox...

i shyt you not thats exactly what he said

the worst part really was when i made him do that doofy body fat test with the hand grips and it said i lost 4% bodyfat :heh: the saddest part is that he trains novices and they go on with horrible routines with no progress doing dumb shyt like that

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
i shyt you not thats exactly what he said

the worst part really was when i made him do that doofy body fat test with the hand grips and it said i lost 4% bodyfat :heh: the saddest part is that he trains novices and they go on with horrible routines with no progress doing dumb shyt like that

:manny: it's all about being a repeat customer
mysmilie_508.gif