Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Silly question but why are leg workouts so tough? Is it because it engages so many muscle groups?
Big neural + caloric draw. You're literally calling on your body to do a lot more work, between the weights involved and the ranges of motion. You do like 4x more work in a squat than a bench press.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
i dont really fukk with GVT :manny: but i dont believe in pure hypertrophy routines

ive heard others that like it though

but me and my major and job, i cant be beat like that all the time

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

HoustonHeat

In and out
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I used this as my baseline -

German Volume Training for Shocking Muscle Growth | Muscle & Strength

And I did 10x10 for Chest and Shoulders, and 6x8 for Triceps. So far, the first two exercises I've done were 10x10, then the 3rd is usually 4-6 sets.

It's much harder than PHAT, by a wide margin too.

I just read this link. I'm in a cutting phase now, but will start bulking at the end of November, focusing on increasing lower body mass. PLEASE do this with legs and share your progress and how your recovery was. I saw that the rest period is longer with legs, but got damn, I may not be able to stand up in the shower after this.

It says that you can gain upto 10lbs of muscle in 6 weeks with this + nutrition, but I'm :usure:

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
I cant even imagine fukking with 10x10 deadlifts :merchant:

When I did for legs days with squats or deadlifts...the first couple of attempt of getting 10 sets were near impossible. After a couple of weeks you should be good...I remember stretching and deep breathing often. :whew:

sknk80

Rookie
Daps
Fukkin bums standing in the squat rack doing barbell curls never ceases to annoy me when im tryin to put in work

today some little ginger c*nt was doing squats, left the bar racked with weights on it while he went and played badminton with a buddy, then came back and was shocked to see that i was using it almost 25 minutes later.

he bounced with the quickness when i hit him with the
tumblr_lg24trW0xC1qgho8bo1_500.gif

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
so is it cool to tweak the program and do the pushups/pullups on off days?

You can, I did pullups on Tuesday, will be doing pushups today, just try not to follow up a push day with pushups or pullups after a pull day. On Saturday/Sunday I will do pushups and pullups since I'm days removed from both.

I just read this link. I'm in a cutting phase now, but will start bulking at the end of November, focusing on increasing lower body mass. PLEASE do this with legs and share your progress and how your recovery was. I saw that the rest period is longer with legs, but got damn, I may not be able to stand up in the shower after this.

It says that you can gain upto 10lbs of muscle in 6 weeks with this + nutrition, but I'm :usure:

I don't believe the 10lbs of muscle, if that were true this would be the number 1 routine. I'm just going for more size :steviej:

:damn: That looks brutal.

I think I'ma try it today. :heh: (if I don't die:sadcam:)

It really is hard, I have never been this sore after workouts before, makes me feel like maybe I wasn't working as hard as I could.