Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can't wait till after the Rapture so we can replace the UFC with death row inmates vs a chimp

semtex

:)
Daps
I can't wait till after the Rapture so we can replace the UFC with death row inmates vs a chimp
they used to do that back in the day. not necessarily with inmates though. Brolic dudes would try and fight chimps at the circus for entertainment and the dudes would get knocked unconscious in .000004 seconds.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
had to take a week off from lifting, kept getting little nagging injuries

cant wait to get back on it friday

@ski Hat, i been on my dips and pullups faithfully :myman:

Last edited by a moderator:

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You giving up on weights? I'm doing GVT right now, like it a lot.

nah

i do chest/back twice a week, 3-4 exercises each....i just do pullups/dips each time.....sometimes pushup variations as well.

german volume training is 10 sets of 10 reps right? only one exercise?

ive been on this hit each body part twice a week for a few months. i like it, but i think i was having better gains hitting body parts once a week.....that could be me eating better/getting more rest back then though

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
nah

i do chest/back twice a week, 3-4 exercises each....i just do pullups/dips each time.....sometimes pushup variations as well.

german volume training is 10 sets of 10 reps right? only one exercise?

ive been on this hit each body part twice a week for a few months. i like it, but i think i was having better gains hitting body parts once a week.....that could be me eating better/getting more rest back then though

The 10x10 program I do is a 3 day split, and it's

Day 1: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps (PUSH)
Day 2: Rest
Day 3: Back, Biceps, Abs (PULL)
Day 4: Rest
Day 5: Quads, Hamstrings, Calves (LEGS)
Day 6: Rest
Day 7: Rest

On the rest days I'm going to do pushups/pullups. There's another routine on Tnation.com that is a 5 day split, you just do 1 major 10x10 exercise, and then some accessory work, I think that would be easier to be honest so I'm not even going to bother.

60-70% of your 1 rep max, my chest is still sore today and my arms were trembling around the 8th set of bench, then I still had to do shoulders :why: Supposed to take only 60-90 seconds rest between sets as well.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The 10x10 program I do is a 3 day split, and it's

On the rest days I'm going to do pushups/pullups. There's another routine on Tnation.com that is a 5 day split, you just do 1 major 10x10 exercise, and then some accessory work, I think that would be easier to be honest so I'm not even going to bother.

60-70% of your 1 rep max, my chest is still sore today and my arms were trembling around the 8th set of bench, then I still had to do shoulders :why: Supposed to take only 60-90 seconds rest between sets as well.

what is this program supposed to do?

gain strength?
gain gorgeousness?

:popcorn:

which exercise did you pick for each body part?

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
what is this program supposed to do?

gain strength?
gain gorgeousness?

:popcorn:

which exercise did you pick for each body part?

Muscle size, your 1 rep max will probably drop while you're doing it but your muscles should gain size and more endurance.

You're supposed to switch it up, so Monday I did -

BB bench, OHP and Tricep pulldowns, next week I'll do Incline DB bench, DB shoulder press and weighted dips.

Today I did pendlays, straight bar curls and just general ab work, next week will be deadlift, ez bar curls (seated) and more ab work.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
had to take a week off from lifting, kept getting little nagging injuries

cant wait to get back on it friday

@ski Hat, i been on my dips and pullups faithfully :myman:

What kind of injuries you dealing with fam? And what kind of treatment are you doing to alleviate them? Just curious. I dealt with some back issues in the past few months but that was due to overtraining. I'm taking things slower now and I less issues.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What kind of injuries you dealing with fam? And what kind of treatment are you doing to alleviate them? Just curious. I dealt with some back issues in the past few months but that was due to overtraining. I'm taking things slower now and I less issues.

nothing serious, just annoying shyt with my back/shoulders/hips

when stuff is nagging me ill just skip a workout and get some extra rest. thats been working for me, but i dont really like skipping the gym

i probably had the same issue as you. im hitting stuff twice a week but not eating/sleeping like i should.

Muscle size, your 1 rep max will probably drop while you're doing it but your muscles should gain size and more endurance.

You're supposed to switch it up, so Monday I did -

BB bench, OHP and Tricep pulldowns, next week I'll do Incline DB bench, DB shoulder press and weighted dips.

Today I did pendlays, straight bar curls and just general ab work, next week will be deadlift, ez bar curls (seated) and more ab work.

i read the link @MMSex posted

they do 10 sets of bench, then 3 sets of chest flys

are you doing the 10 and 3 or just the 10 by itself?

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Silly question but why are leg workouts so tough? Is it because it engages so many muscle groups?