Ramadan Mubarak!!!

horizon

Superstar
Daps
The Ramadan PR game is elite because Lent is the same shyt but no one talks about it

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
I feel like this one this year has come with a lot of unrest. With five African countries having demonstrations on Monday. I wondered what the spiritual significance of that was. Like why was everyone in sync for that specific day? And to make it worse it rained the most I've seen in years.

Positive Poster

All Star
Daps
Ramadan Kareem. Although I don't really practice anymore, I still used to fast and read the Qur’an throughout the month. Not participating this year but hope the brehs and brehettes who are are successful! :salute:
Thank you brother 😇

For those of us not doing it may we give what we can to charity, as a thanks for what has been given to us, whenever we feel comfortable doing so in the year according to our heart 🤲🏾🤲🏾

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Salute

First time doing it this year, on the phone with my girl right now she whining about not having sex.

God ain’t a clown bro. You not gonna plan to do good and sin after and get away with it lol. Don’t even waste your time :russ:

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
Going without food isn't bad if you get up before sunrise and get enough calories in your system. Going without liquid all day is rough. Imagine how tough it was being a slave and observing Ramadan while having to work in the fields. I didn't even think about Ramadan until I realized over a third of all the ancestors brought here and forced into slavery were Muslims and they were the first Muslims to observe Ramadan in this hemisphere.

I can't do a full Ramadan anymore so I do a modified one to honor the ancestors.
It’s not hard at all because our bodies are not designed to process food all day long

Anybody that’s been intermittent fasting and OMAD for years knows how silly this talk is

And Islam was in America centuries before ”African” slavery as the “Mongols/Moors” that enslaved Asians and bought them to the America’s from the 1200s - 1600s practiced Islam as well as the Spanish and Portuguese Moors that traveled back and forth to the East and Southeast of North America for 100s of years before the first enslaved “African” was bought to South America.

Also Ramadan predates Islam

Prophet Muhammad observed one day of fasting to honor the day his Grandson passed, fasting for the entire month of Ramadan is pagan in origin and picked up for cultural reasons by the people that practiced Islam in the region of Arabia.

Last edited: