Ramadan Mubarak!!!

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
Ramadan is here? :leon: I'm not Muslim but I tried it once some years back and journaled my thoughts... the not eating/drinking part at least. It was quite an experience I won't lie :ehh:

I realized how much I don't need caffeine, the importance of discipline (the central theme from my estimation), and just helping others...

Maybe I should do it again :jbhmm:

KingSol81

Superstar
Daps
Ramadan is here? :leon: I'm not Muslim but I tried it once some years back and journaled my thoughts... the not eating/drinking part at least. It was quite an experience I won't lie :ehh:

I realized how much I don't need caffeine, the importance of discipline (the central theme from my estimation), and just helping others...

Sounds like a positive experience. I tend to repeat experiences that I found to be positive.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
Sounds like a positive experience. I tend to repeat experiences that I found to be positive.
It really was. I've considered on and off since that year when the time comes around. Witnessing some things concerning my family plus my own ambitions and desires. It's definitely time. Sent a rep to you and OP for the encouragement, whether yall realized or not.
Happy Ramada.
Happy Ramada!! :gladbron: :troll:
12311_exterior_view_4.jpg

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Going without food isn't bad if you get up before sunrise and get enough calories in your system. Going without liquid all day is rough. Imagine how tough it was being a slave and observing Ramadan while having to work in the fields. I didn't even think about Ramadan until I realized over a third of all the ancestors brought here and forced into slavery were Muslims and they were the first Muslims to observe Ramadan in this hemisphere.

I can't do a full Ramadan anymore so I do a modified one to honor the ancestors.

Last edited:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It really was. I've considered on and off since that year when the time comes around. Witnessing some things concerning my family plus my own ambitions and desires. It's definitely time. Sent a rep to you and OP for the encouragement, whether yall realized or not.

Happy Ramada!! :gladbron: :troll:
12311_exterior_view_4.jpg
That too. Especially if it is clean.