Rakim says he’ll knock MC Serch the fukk out

Stez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Should've highlighted BIGGIE as well if we gonna be real :yeshrug:

Ra better than all the Bigs.

I mean... you probably right but I can at least appreciate an argument for the others. Whether it was quality of work or the depth of their catalogue or whatever. But to even compare L & Pun? Nah.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I'm sorry, but this Big L propaganda has to stop.
full

Dude was a dope rapper but he wasn't even the best in his crew and his one album was dated by the time it came out. Good radio freestyles can only take you so far.

MouseTeeth

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens
anyone got the audio from lord sears show today? heard pete nice called in while serch was on n serch ended up hanging up lol

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
I'm sorry, but this Big L propaganda has to stop.
full

Dude was a dope rapper but he wasn't even the best in his crew and his one album was dated by the time it came out. Good radio freestyles can only take you so far.

First, I agree the Big L shyt is getting too hyped.

Though I will have to say you can't knock him for being in a really good crew (DITC) and he held his own.

He has much more than a few good radio freestyles. He has a handful of classic songs. One of those being a unique concept and the other being a great story telling track. He had the range. Please don't try to paint him as some kind of Ali Vegas.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
I dunno if I already posted it in this thread

but all 3 were right, the wording was wrong

Rakim was baited and misinformed
Serch said what he said, but in a roundabout way because he was speaking on his perspective
Pete said what really happened in between the lines, without knowing Lyor called and set this all up

Realistically its just genius for Lyor to not only pressure Rakim and them by belittling them
but he also pushed and provided wonderment for 3rd bass which kept them hungry

Its just the story and message got twisted and spoken through different angles instead of reality
which is dumb, because it was pretty clear to understand what happened. Serch said in his interview
even the thought was the height of his career, and he went on to say he didnt do shyt. He just penned
and changed it to be for Rakim. Nothing about that actually says I wrote Rakim's song. I dont really
see anything wrong with what anyone said here.