Raising Dion: Comic book about Single mother raising a superpowered kid

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
The "strong black female" trope. I hate that shyt no matter the medium:francis: Let some people tell it, Part of Black Love is some
spineless chump having to love his woman in spite of her tireless finger snapping, neck rolling, etc. Thats not all we are about. Whats worse,
even black media portrays this a ton. Got people growing up thinking this behavior is cute.
Check it out maybe it's me :yeshrug:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Welp

jOJeBLK.gif
:mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
A dope concept, to bad it wasn't even conceived by a black person:upsetfavre:

To me at least, and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, it seems like they're aren't many black creatives in the comic book/fantasy world, and it's such a shame.

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dennis-Headshot-Fixed-1-4.jpg

Dennis Liu
Writer/Director

profile_pic_2_adjusted_web.png

Jason Piperberg
Illustrator

:mjpls:
shyt is evil...ppl outside our community always trying to destroy us...they could of gave him a strong father

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Yall fukkers wont read or support anything black owned as it is, SO WHY THE fukk YALL SUPPORTING AND BRINGING ATTENTION A ASIAN OWNED comic THAT IS STEREOTYPING OUR SHANNIGANS THAT NO OTHER GROUP OF PEOPLE WOULD TOLERATE?!?

nikkas should be fukking embarrassed, not amazed at this stupid b*stard concept, idgaf if she is widowed. :pacspit:

There are TONS of black created, black owned comic books out their, not some black faced fukktard, ass-backwards shytstorms thats big ups white men and it relations with bw: it takes a wm to raise a gifted child, foh :camby:

Oh btw op loves asian men, if yall cant see yall being duped then yall nikkas are fukking lost. :pacspit: :pacspit:

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Yall fukkers wont read or support anything black owned as it is, SO WHY THE fukk YALL SUPPORTING AND BRINGING ATTENTION A ASIAN OWNED comic THAT IS STEREOTYPING OUR SHANNIGANS THAT NO OTHER GROUP OF PEOPLE WOULD TOLERATE?!?

nikkas should be fukking embarrassed, not amazed at this stupid b*stard concept, idgaf if she is widowed. :pacpsit:

There are TONS of black created, black owned comic books out their, not some black faced fukktard, ass-backwards shytstorms thats big ups white men and it relations with bw: it takes a wm to raise a gifted child, foh :camby:

Oh btw op loves asian men, if yall cant see yall being duped then yall nikkas are fukking lost. :pacspit: :pacspit:
Are you ever not mad? :pachaha: Did an Asian cat steal your girl?

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
shyt is evil...ppl outside our community always trying to destroy us...they could of gave him a strong father
They aren't hearing you breh, they are making fun of us.

And theres also a conquering angle that's not being discussed here, but nooo this is supposed to be a "interesting" concept, nikka I can shyt out better stories then this trash.

• Dap
Reactions: DrX

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
A dope concept, to bad it wasn't even conceived by a black person:upsetfavre:

To me at least, and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, it seems like they're aren't many black creatives in the comic book/fantasy world, and it's such a shame.
There are plenty of black owned, black created independant comics out there, i dont see @CinnaSlim promoting ANY of them.

We have ONE single momma concept out there, then it's all of a sudden the media wants to portray that, not the tons of positive black-owned comic projects out their, FOH. :camby: