Raising Dion: Comic book about Single mother raising a superpowered kid

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
That was a Youtube short that inspired the Netflix show. Seems like they shot the Netflix version this year

Raising Dion (TV Series 2019– ) - IMDb

This is the mom

latest

Crude

Superstar
Daps

The father was not incompetent it just seems like he died unexpectedly.

This is not some stereotypical situation of some woman having a kid out of wedlock with a man that just left her.

I took the pictures of the biological father in the house to mean the mother and son still hold him in a very high regard.

I do think a White guy ironically being the biological father's best friend is pushing it and line stepping though.

I would have preferred the father having a Black friend and he stepping in and took that role as the surrogate father.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Come on @Crude , you can’t be this obtuse.

Regardless of how the father passed away, they still chose to have a non-black father figure and perpetuate the single black mother stereotype.

There are non-black people illustrating black stories. We shouldn’t be happy just because of black representation.

Now that the mother is light skinned, it will be interesting to see how people react to her replacing Regina Hall.:mjpls:

ReadOneBookAWeek

Smoking on a Cac Pack
Daps

Regardless of how the father passed away, they still chose to have a non-black father figure and perpetuate the single black mother stereotype.

There are non-black people illustrating black stories. We shouldn’t be happy just because of black representation.

Now that mother is light skinned, it will be interesting to see how people react to her replacing Regina Hall.:mjpls:
All this women empowerment bs...wtf are they even being empowered to do? fukk and shop carelessly?

Crude

Superstar
Daps

Now that the mother is light skinned, it will be interesting to see how people react to her replacing Regina Hall.:mjpls:
I actually agree with you.

I was just simply mentioning the black father wasn't made to look like some bum.

I do AGREE it is tacky for them to have a White guy paying stepdad.

Citi Trends

aka milobased
Daps
Reppin
C.I.T.I
That was a Youtube short that inspired the Netflix show. Seems like they shot the Netflix version this year

Raising Dion (TV Series 2019– ) - IMDb

This is the mom

latest
:mjlol: its not a netflix original/swirler dream if it doesnt have a lightskin/biracial with a curly afro
i would have instantly known there's a white man around the corner, just seeing this picture. you just know this about to be some bullshyt

shyt, they might make the boy gay

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
:mjlol: its not a netflix original/swirler dream if it doesnt have a lightskin/biracial with a curly afro
i would have instantly known there's a white man around the corner, just seeing this picture. you just know this about to be some bullshyt

shyt, they might make the boy gay
Nah, I think most ‘swirlers’ will be pissed a black woman has been replaced by a biracial actress.