Raising Dion: Comic book about Single mother raising a superpowered kid

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Soundbwoy said:
this actually looks dope yall always bytching that there is no black sci-fi we finally get one and yall still bytching

Because we're fukking tired of 'White' people ALWAYS coming to :cape:like we can't do a goddamned thing without their guidance.

Can't even raise our own damned kids without them in the picture somewhere.​

Daps
Reppin
St louis
this is dope as fukk!!!!
the father died he didnt leave..
miserable ass nikkas
:what:

(edit)
seen the creators.
:beli:

wat6rr.jpg

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:lolpalm::lolpalm::lolpalm:@CinnaSlim you dropped a nuke on your own thread:russ:

:yeshrug:I ain't mad though. The old saying "If you want it done right, do it yourself" kinda comes to mind.

This is an invitation for would-be comic writers and illustrators to collab and do it right. :francis:If they don't find it too much work vs complaining about it.

Daps
Glad to see I'm not the only one disappointed with the "creators". It's not enough for me that stories feature black characters. It's a lot more comforting knowing that WE are the ones telling our stories.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Reading the first issue and.. she's kinda a bytch. I don't like her "attitude". Like the Asian guy tried too hard to make her "authentic". She's telling how her and the father met and every line from her is a snazzy border-line rude comeback.

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Reading the first issue and.. she's kinda a bytch. I don't like her "attitude". Like the Asian guy tried too hard to make her "authentic". She's telling how her and the father met and every line from her is a snazzy border-line rude comeback.
:gurl:

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The "strong black female" trope. I hate that shyt no matter the medium:francis: Let some people tell it, Part of Black Love is some
spineless chump having to love his woman in spite of her tireless finger snapping, neck rolling, etc. Thats not all we are about. Whats worse,
even black media portrays this a ton. Got people growing up thinking this behavior is cute.