Rainbow Six: Siege (Official Thread)

Gonzo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
USA
I think he's fine, you still have to use some teamwork to dominate with him.

Absolute advantage in zero visibility. Let me know of any other operative that has that? Just saying. He needed a buff yes but giving him a god eye is not it. :no:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I've yet to be killed by a glaz and feel cheated becuz of his buffs :yeshrug:
He's very useful now, don't get me wrong... in the Pro League, I've seen quite a few teams using Glaz instead of Montagne now. The thing is, in Ranked, you still have to have a lot of teamwork for him to lock an area down.

He makes going down some lanes that are a chore to get through a lot easier though... specifically long hallways. You smoke that shyt out, and the defenders can't see him moving through it, and they really can't peak the smoke cause they gonna get body'd. The thing is, nobody on your team can see what you see either, so he's moving by himself covering a lane.

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
He's very useful now, don't get me wrong... in the Pro League, I've seen quite a few teams using Glaz instead of Montagne now. The thing is, in Ranked, you still have to have a lot of teamwork for him to lock an area down.

He makes going down some lanes that are a chore to get through a lot easier though... specifically long hallways. You smoke that shyt out, and the defenders can't see him moving through it, and they really can't peak the smoke cause they gonna get body'd. The thing is, nobody on your team can see what you see either, so he's moving by himself covering a lane.
No doubt, I seen that used by some streamers I've watch that play in the pro leagues, I just yet to encounter that when I play online,since unless I'm playing a full squad on bomb, u won't see anyone use these type of strats online

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@Cocaine Biceps @GoldenGlove @Jayrose3

Thoughts on evolving some fringe(rare) "Secure area" strats involving opening up the area for some objectives completely.

Locking down various(max 2) points where a quick rotation to the open secure spot can bait and switch the opposition.
Some Secure area spots need to be opened up like you're playing Bomb. Work Office on Skyscraper for Example...

I also open up a wall to watch the hatch drop on Club House Armory Site. You can watch the hatch drop from the Church area.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Some Secure area spots need to be opened up like you're playing Bomb. Work Office on Skyscraper for Example...

I also open up a wall to watch the hatch drop on Club House Armory Site. You can watch the hatch drop from the Church area.
On Skyscraper, the obj next to kitchen on 1st floor, I open up the entire wall exposing it to main lobby.

The reasoning is that single window is too hot to consistently prohibit entry and if a fuze goes off and they enter after, the defenders would be bottlenecked into going through the doors.

You open the wall and in the event of a contest, a rotation to main lobby would expose attackers to a quick death.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
On Skyscraper, the obj next to kitchen on 1st floor, I open up the entire wall exposing it to main lobby.

The reasoning is that single window is too hot to consistently prohibit entry and if a fuze goes off and they enter after, the defenders would be bottlenecked into going through the doors.

You open the wall and in the event of a contest, a rotation to main lobby would expose attackers to a quick death.
On that site (BBQ) I like to open up the wall next to the stairs. Somebody has to try and hold that area. It also gives you options if they press from upstairs (Geisha Room or Drum)... you can quickly go from the stairs and get a lane on them coming from there.

Game is really like Chess. There's so many ways to defend and attack every site on here.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

:whew:

I play with barbwire so much, I forgot how satisfying it was to get somebody with C4
:banderas: