R-Truth in The Judgment Day : storyline of 2024 ?

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I’m not feeling what they’re doing. Not to be that guy, but one week he has white frosting all over his face, next week he’s telling JD he got the plug on stolen tv’s

These are literally racist tropes and nobody has a problem with it. I’m so confused

Truth is that guy but this is starting to feel like a Chappelle show situation where it’s like are they laughing with him or at him?
I didn't peep the Stymie correlation (I usually spend more time typing & commenting in the live threads than paying attention to what's actually on screen) but since you pointed it out, I'm down to ride!
Race Card GIF - Race Card GIFs

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
I’m not feeling what they’re doing. Not to be that guy, but one week he has white frosting all over his face, next week he’s telling JD he got the plug on stolen tv’s

These are literally racist tropes and nobody has a problem with it. I’m so confused

Truth is that guy but this is starting to feel like a Chappelle show situation where it’s like are they laughing with him or at him?
Nobody has a problem because when we was watching it that was not the first thing that came to our mind? :why:

I saw this and thought nothing of it besides R Truth having a huge craving for strawberry shortcake rolls. I have not seen anyone complain about this segment being racist except for you.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Nobody has a problem because when we was watching it that was not the first thing that came to our mind? :why:

I saw this and thought nothing of it besides R Truth having a huge craving for strawberry shortcake rolls. I have not seen anyone complain about this segment being racist except for you.

And the next week when he’s telling Judgement day he has the plug on flatscreen TV’s.. never mind

I’m not telling anyone to be offended lol. If y’all like that type of shyt, I ain’t mad. Truth clearly ain’t got a problem doing it, so who am I to be mad for him lol…

I’m just saying.. the optics a lil nasty to me. The frosting around the mouth was one thing, but insinuating he got stolen TV’s on deck was like AIIGHT we just being blatant now lol

Shout out to Truth tho

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
And the next week when he’s telling Judgement day he has the plug on flatscreen TV’s.. never mind

I’m not telling anyone to be offended lol. If y’all like that type of shyt, I ain’t mad. Truth clearly ain’t got a problem doing it, so who am I to be mad for him lol…

I’m just saying.. the optics a lil nasty to me. The frosting around the mouth was one thing, but insinuating he got stolen TV’s on deck was like AIIGHT we just being blatant now lol

Shout out to Truth tho
I can see what you're saying if you're thinking from that POV but nah I didn't think " WWE making it seem like Black men have stolen TVs on deck", it was more so "R Truth have stolen TVs on deck.". It just fell in line with R Truth weird, goofy, unorthodox character.

If I was to think they way you are thinking I would be able to draw racist connections in any TV show/movie featuring a Black person.

Booker T was called a c00n for similar. I also thought New Day did a lot of questionable shyt. I call it like I see it.

I agree with this, but there is a difference between disrespect (Vince saying nikka, wearing durags, triple h comment on Booker T) and getting to just showing who you naturally are(New Day). I have seen people bring up how New Day being goofy/dancing/making jokes is c00ning and it's crazy how they gotta be serious 90% of the time or else it's racist.

Leonard Washington

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A little town called none ya got damn bidness

In a fantasy booking scenario he does a worked shoots on this and becomes Ron Killings and goes on an ass whopping run to finish his career

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
JD Was Hitting On All Cylinders

Then Came McDonagh And Now This R Truth Stuff

I Feel Like They’re Gonna “Jump The Shark” Soon

But Personally I Feel Like The Briefcase Was Only Given To Damien As Part Of The Reason They Eventually Break Them Up Anyway
They already jumped the shark when they had them regain the tag titles a week after losing them. They're not even the highest rated segments on RAW. :mjlol:

Dipsey Doo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Truth maybe the greatest WWE comedic character ever. Everything he touches, he gets over.

It's a good change of pace for creative to explore a less serious side of the Judgement Day.

The group is kind of ridiculous anyways, why not lean into it?

Last edited:

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
Ehh R Truth is great at what he does with his comedy but I don’t like this storyline…It kinda makes the Judgement Day look comedic-ish (if that’s a word). The group is already watered down with the addition of JD and now this.

The only thing that would make this good is if The Judgment Day took Truth under their wing and slowly convert him over to the dark side. R Truth ditches the goofy shyt and becomes more serious and a real threat. Over time Truth slowly smartens up and then goes rogue.

But they already beat Truth down so now that’s out the window.

Last edited: