R.I.P Windows

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
i very very seriously doubt it my man. ive heard of lean but a consumer driven business culture is never going to work on a grand scale. there will always be a need for formal skill set and corporate level formality in tech. also you have to consider more than businesses that look to save money. theres govt and corporation that do not focus on saving money, believe it or not. they are still paying MS for what works and i dont see it changing. all things plugged into windows. dont you know that mac oxs is still niche in the grand scheme of things? and youre talking about chrome? nah

but i suppose we'll just have to see
Microsoft reputation the past few years dont help its future. Nobody is adapting windows 8. My job uses windows XP and a custom build Linux. We only use windows to check email. Open office exist for light duties. Company are trimming fat and chromebooks are the perfect replacement. You dont have to maintance them. Google does all the work. PLus you cant hack chromeOS. No viruses....so the machine run smoother and faster

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
you are still talking that consumer stuff. you really need to chit chat with some it pros....
last time i checked regular consumers made up the large portion of windows sales. dont fool yourself. Only Apple and lenovo making money on PC

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Mobile games ain't killing shyt but time between breaks.

Normal consumers don't want to play games on a computer? Then why are some the biggest/most popular titles PC games?

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Google services are the number 1 service in the world buddy. Numbers dont lie. Chromebook is #1 on amazon for a year straight. You are acting like someone cant write an app. Quick office is not even merged into Google drive yet. Who cares about game hacking outside 1% of geeks. Normal consumers want to browse the web not play games on a computer. Its a different world. I have windows 7 and 8 and i dont use either. mobile games is killing shyt so i dont know why you mentioning games and hacking.
The big buyers of PCs are not home consumers...

U have no idea...

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
You know you fukked up if Courtdog is able to son you with simple facts

Time to sit back and watch this fukkery unfold :banderas:

YOU GON LEARN TODAY
I son everybody with simple facts :dwillhuh:
Once you lost your modding powers you turned into fukkin Morrie
images

Reality

Samsung is leading Apple in sales. Apple was untouchable

Android app store and Platform is bigger than Apple/IOS

Google services killed everybody

chromecast sold like 5 million in a day

ChromeOS will dominate in 5 years...Windows wont even be on anybody's radar
If you was talking about a company like say, Sony? Then we'd all be like Tru :lawd: Double Tru :ohlawd:
Mobile games ain't killing shyt but time between breaks.

Normal consumers don't want to play games on a computer? Then why are some the biggest/most popular titles PC games?
The same reason some of the biggest titles are on the Wii-U I'd assume :ufdup:

Mac071415

Go spurs
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Let's not forget the op is the same dude who said:

1. Sdcards are dead
  2. SMS is dead
  3. I got a shytty app with less than 20 downloads
  4. He's building a super computer for the government
  5. Was a iPhone Stan back on :hamster:

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
I don't know why you guys still even respond to him anymore. Its always the him posting his opinion on how Google has taken over the world, someone proving him wrong, repeat.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Win8 makes no fukking sense

shyt answered questions nobody asked
Nah it actually did, it was just executed poorly.

People kept asking how is Microsoft going to merge the desktop/tablet/phone experience into one and their metro UI was the answer. The problem is that Microsoft forced the UI to the desktop users before getting into the desktop. They should have defaulted to the desktop screen and then when you press the windows key...THAT takes you to the modern/metro UI

Microsoft and some of their decisions :snoop:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Nah it actually did, it was just executed poorly.

People kept asking how is Microsoft going to merge the desktop/tablet/phone experience into one and their metro UI was the answer. The problem is that Microsoft forced the UI to the desktop users before getting into the desktop. They should have defaulted to the desktop screen and then when you press the windows key...THAT takes you to the modern/metro UI

Microsoft and some of their decisions :snoop:
They should have split the two. There is no reason for a conventional non-touch laptop to ship with Win8. They should have kept Win 7 for regular computers, called Win 8 Windows Touch, and made sure the two looked and somewhat flowed similarly. Win 8 def looks newer than Win 7... people would be none the wiser if they looked the same but were actually totally different.

Plus unless I'm mistaken Win8 is still crazy resource heavy, making a port of it to a phone not really realistic... I thought Win Mobile was separate from Win 8?

Man fukk all that I'm a Linux nikka. MSFT can eat dikks

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
They should have split the two. There is no reason for a conventional non-touch laptop to ship with Win8. They should have kept Win 7 for regular computers, called Win 8 Windows Touch, and made sure the two looked and somewhat flowed similarly. Win 8 def looks newer than Win 7... people would be none the wiser if they looked the same but were actually totally different.

Plus unless I'm mistaken Win8 is still crazy resource heavy, making a port of it to a phone not really realistic... I thought Win Mobile was separate from Win 8?

Man fukk all that I'm a Linux nikka. MSFT can eat dikks
WIN 8 is actually much smoother and boots faster than 7, but the problem is that forced UI that people don't like on a desktop screen.

They are different in the sense that the phone can't run x86 or x64 apps, but it looks the same. I think the forced UI on the desktop was to try and see if people would be willing to try their Windows Phones since they will now be familiar with the UI on the desktop.

In a sense it has worked because more people are buying Windows Phone, but at the cost of people rolling back into Windows 7. I am not sure which is more important in the long run, but I am assuming the phones/tablets are.

At the very least they should have given people the option to boot directly into the desktop if they please from the jump. Those morons actually got Valve pissed off and are looking to get into Ubuntu heavy with their steambox, losing potentially millions of very active users.