R.I.P. old arcade games, old online games we used to play. It's sad, man...

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
I don't care if I sound :flabbynsick: but the arcade scene of the late 80s to mid 90s beats any experience you can have on XBL or PSN. You built a lot of character and gaming skills playing someone face to face in front of a crowd. Getting flawless victoried and fatalitied by another dude was :to:...you lost all respect until you proved yourself. Some places were dangerous, older kids would just tell you to hand over your tokens or they would beat the shyt outta you :merchant:. Learned a lot of life lessons in alladin's castle brehs. Now these youngins throw racial slurs from behind a mic in their parents rec room playin COD :childplease: you'd get beat senseless for that even at a chuck e. cheese in the 80s :krs:

:salute: The sheer public display of an ass whopping did wonders for kids self esteem back then. Kids aren't built for that these days.

Speaking of vaginas, Operation Wolf was my joint. Heaven forbid they have a game in public sight with an uzi in plain view.

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You would seriously bond with a group of strangers over a game of gauntlet and if you saw them in that arcade again, you'd join up for another 4 player game.

Same as smash TV.

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
these kids today will never know what it was like to line-up and put ya quarter on the screen so you got next :noah:

Street_FighterII.jpg

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
man i remeber wanting to kill to get $5 - $10 worth of tokens. Now that i can afford it, all the arcades are gone.

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
I remember when I was introduced to both X-Men and Mortal Kombat on the same day. I only had like $1.50 in quarters on me, and my senses went straight

blowaway2.gif

And dude that mentioned Aladdin's Castle. I knew it was over when i went there one day around 97-98 and it was like 3 people in there and they were charging $1 for 3 tokens :wtf:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
You would seriously bond with a group of strangers over a game of gauntlet and if you saw them in that arcade again, you'd join up for another 4 player game.

Same as smash TV.

yessir

rambo, golden axe, time killer, street fighter 2, mortal kombat, narc, the wwf games etc etc..got heavy play...hell i remember nintendo had their own arcade machines it would have like 20 full version games in it and after sometime if you wanted to keep playing then you have to keep feeding it quarters/tokens:heh:....they got me with that constantly:sadcam: