R.I.P KA

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wow:

I was never a heavy listener but he had a few songs I really fukked with and I definitely noticed his skill. Found out about him around 10 years ago when Earl called him the best rapper alive:wow:

This was my shyt

He had very subtle delivery that very few rappers attain where a nikka is very casually doing these elaborate schemes without having to emphasize the fact that he's doing it. It's hard to explain

RIP:wow:

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
Man this sucks, my dad played Nights Gambit for me way back when and I loved this dude, over the last 5-6 years I made a habit of throwing Ka on, playing Civ and disassociating.

Awful to hear he passed away at such a young age and really at the peak of his artistry Bread Wine Body Blood is one of the poignant songs I’ve heard all year

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man this sucks, my dad played Nights Gambit for me way back when and I loved this dude, over the last 5-6 years I made a habit of throwing Ka on, playing Civ and disassociating.

Awful to hear he passed away at such a young age and really at the peak of his artistry Bread Wine Body Blood is one of the poignant songs I’ve heard all year

The sample and how every verse is dedicated to a different person. Mirrors a lot of my sentiments to people i love. This is the true embodiment of Ka. Dude laid it on deep (pause). Lyrics that live deep in the soul.

Man. This tough.

s@n

All Star
Daps
I hate that I was correct yesterday. I was on a double plus shift yesterday after I made that post in the other thread. Checked it at one point and thought it had been debunked… went back to work none the wiser. Rest in power.

Mr. Negative

Can't change overnight like Ebenezer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
:wow:

I was never a heavy listener but he had a few songs I really fukked with and I definitely noticed his skill. Found out about him around 10 years ago when Earl called him the best rapper alive:wow:

This was my shyt

He had very subtle delivery that very few rappers attain where a nikka is very casually doing these elaborate schemes without having to emphasize the fact that he's doing it. It's hard to explain

RIP:wow:

yeah I just posted this in another thread, but it really highlights how intricate his "boring" flow was.

I said it a few times here over the years. May have said it recently. Far greater majority of hip hop, you listening and prolly doing something else. Riding, nodding your head to the beat, cleaning, fukking, dancing, getting hyped up to do whatever. etc etc

Ka music is like reading a book. You sit down and you read that book? You reading that book, don't nothing else exist. Everything else just a distraction, jarring you away from the reality of what you reading.