R.I.P. DVD commentaries, 1997 - 2016

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
I never listen to them or fukk with any bonus features unless the movie is an all time classic to me. Not trying to go behind the scenes and listen to what some actor or director says about some shyt I'll never even watch again WITHOUT commentary, let alone with it. Don't have time for all that.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Haha, I never saw this before... I watched this movie all the time, this is great! :pachaha:
Its 100% right too...like, teaching AEROSPACE AND MECHANICAL ENGINEERS HOW TO DRILL...Is unspeakably more sensical than teaching fukking oil drillers HOW TO SPACE WALK, HANDLE G FORCE PRESSURE AND OH YEAH, HOW TO OPERATE A SPACE SHUTTLE. Maybe the stupidest shyt and one of the biggest plot holes ever.

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've literally never watched commentary on a movie till i clicked this thread.I kind of want to watch more now though off the strength of that Affleck one.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I've literally never watched commentary on a movie till i clicked this thread.I kind of want to watch more now though off the strength of that Affleck one.
The only ones ive really enjoyed were that one, FIRST BLOOD (had a great one...stallone talking about how much the film meant to him...how vietnam vets would come up to him all emotional like how the first act especially of that showed how left out of society many of them were...etc...even more so, how he got HURT and a lot of stuff was improvised in the woods while making that movie...if I recall he legit cut his arm on a tree...ripped up some tarp or something that was out there, made a turnicate, all 100% legit...it was really interesting

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
I mess with commentary tracks, off the top that are extremely well done were the first 2 Blade movies with Goyer & Snipes & Del Toro/Frankfurt, Cap movies commentary etc.

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
The only ones ive really enjoyed were that one, FIRST BLOOD (had a great one...stallone talking about how much the film meant to him...how vietnam vets would come up to him all emotional like how the first act especially of that showed how left out of society many of them were...etc...even more so, how he got HURT and a lot of stuff was improvised in the woods while making that movie...if I recall he legit cut his arm on a tree...ripped up some tarp or something that was out there, made a turnicate, all 100% legit...it was really interesting
Yep. Stallone's commentaries are always insightful. First Blood is the best commentary I've ever heard.

He even made Driven sound like it could've been good during that commentary because he was talking about scenes he wanted to include, but couldn't for whatever reason.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I miss when special editions used to have work put into them. All types of shyt included.

One of my favorites was the Memento DVD

mementoledvdcover.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

51XVPNHH0NL.jpg
I had to look online how to figure out how to play the film because it was just random questions instead of pressing play :dead:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I used to buy EVERYTHING on DVD. No filter. And I used to watch all the features.

Even random ones though would give me a laugh or be insightful.

I remember watching the one commentary the film with jet li and Jason Statham.

The action scenes have a lot of slow down due to some Sci fi elements in the plot. Anyway one part jet li holds up a guy wearing a vest to shield him from bullets and the bullets bounce off him.

Now that's pretty silly. In the commentary they explained they had to do that to appease the ratings board at the time because showing the bullets going into the body would have got the film an R rating.

It's little tid bits like that really let you inside the mechanismsof Hollywood and showed what a weird job being on the ratings boards is

Last edited: