R.I.P. Argentina

bnew

Veteran
Daps
The libertarian economist’s win turns Argentina’s political landscape on its head. Milei’s flagship proposals include shuttering Argentina’s central bank, dollarizing the economy, abolishing ministries including Women, Gender and Diversity and Environment, and privatizing healthcare and education.

An outsider candidate who had no experience in public office until he was elected as a deputy in 2021, Milei rose to fame as an eccentric right-wing TV pundit prone to outbursts of rage. He believes taxation is theft and famously raffled off his deputy’s salary because he sees it as illegitimate gains.

people of Argentina are fukked.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
It was only 5+ years ago, "tranny" was heard on primetime TV, I don't understand why people can feel like that, and I can see the repulsion but I don't see the harm in calling those types what they want in passing

The other baggage behind that issue is another discussion within itself
You, I, and many others don't, but many people do. That's just the tip of the iceberg, however, and is symptomatic of what is causing this slow progression (or regression) to the 'Right'.

People just don't like being told what to do or think and, for some, the 'Left' is just as loud, obnoxious, and dangerous as the 'Right' in that regard.

I might be overthinking it.​

Superstar
Daps
This sounds like there’s a potential for a lot of Argentinian women to find themselves in a bind

60f0ba6f57cb7.image.jpg

Steelo14

Pro
Daps
That country was already a hot mess as is. This should be….interesting
This is probably payback for "flirting" with BRICS--now they're about to do target practise with their economy like they've been doing the last 30yrs.

Eitherway thats what they get for exterminating Afro-Argentinians--millions of them brought Tango and all that flavor only to be murked like dogs :mjcry:

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
The 'Left' has gone so far that the 'Right' seems reasonable these days in comparison to many people.

:francis:
Idiocy.

Most of the "left" - let's have universal healthcare,higher taxes on billionaires/cut military budget to fund things like better infrastructure, housing, education, etc. Let's raise the minimum wage to align with the rate of inflation as it should have been. ETC.

The right - trans, Qanon, MAGA, drag queens! no abortions! Even for rape and incest victims and women who have fetuses that won't survive and can risk the life of the mother, white supremacy MTG, Boebert an obvious dangerous lunatic like Trump who is actually echoing literal Nazi vernacular. ETC.

The "right" has nothing but culture war distractions because they ONLY serve the interest of billionaires, and depend on the weak minded to care about nonsense more than material advantages for the average person.