R&B singer Mario is being attacked for liking white women

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I was on that "date my own race" shyt heavy as a teen too. I thought nikkas that swirled were lames and sell outs.

Then I went through a period of fukking/dating alot of non-black women. Afterwards, I understood the appeal.

I do agree though that you have to make sure you and that person really match. That's why alot of interracial relationships fail because at the end of the day, people are comfortable being within their own culture. Being with someone for 40-50 years is different than playing around while you're young. With that said, I'm open to all races. I'd say I lean 55% to dating black women, 45% to dating other races. 45 percent because I'm not gonna lie and pretend like I don't find non-black women attractive and more of them were taught how to be wives but, i'll give 55% to black women because having someone understand you on a deeper level is priceless and black women will always be able to do that.
Right

Another thing I started to notice when dating out, is that even though I really wanted someone close to my culture, I also wanted someone with similar thought processes, interests, visions, values, beliefs but also (and just as important) someone I had similar experiences with.

Like at my previous job, I couldn’t talk to hardly any family and friends about certain things because my experience was different. But became really cool with other races because if I started talking about an issue I was going through or something that I was experiencing, they understood wtf I was talking about.

A lot of friendships and bonds were formed through me having similar interests with people that weren’t in my race. Like for music as an example, I cared less about hiphop, celeb gossip, and started enjoying music, studying frequencies, studying audio engineering processes, started to get interested in scales that were sonically pleasing comparing to some that are not so much and the emotions that brings and why.

Just interests we had in common that weren’t just culturally attached. I went on a lot of dates, had sex with a good amount of women but if we couldn’t have meaningful conversations I didn’t hop into relationships with them.

Most of my real relationships came about because those women and I actually became friends first, which is why it sucked when relationships ended because I actually considered them my closest of friends at the time. Which is why I hesitate to get into relationships now. So when it comes to race, I no longer believe in dating a specific race

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
You know damn well that’s code for:

I prefer non black women.

I don’t think he should have responded at all. You don’t have to explain who you like.

:manny:

But let it be a skinny dark skinned black woman explaining she gets more attention from white men, including black models, and she gets called a wench on here. I’m just pointing out the hypocrisy.
Or… it’s a code for wtf he said :mjlol:

And no he shouldn’t need to explain himself, but if he wanted to then cool.

And he didn’t say he got more attention from anything.. but as a musician and celeb you would logically assume his palette is a lot more diverse than a random “wenches”

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
I was on that "date my own race" shyt heavy as a teen too. I thought nikkas that swirled were lames and sell outs.

Then I went through a period of fukking/dating alot of non-black women. Afterwards, I understood the appeal.

I do agree though that you have to make sure you and that person really match. That's why alot of interracial relationships fail because at the end of the day, people are comfortable being within their own culture. Being with someone for 40-50 years is different than playing around while you're young. With that said, I'm open to all races. I'd say I lean 55% to dating black women, 45% to dating other races. 45 percent because I'm not gonna lie and pretend like I don't find non-black women attractive and more of them were taught how to be wives but, i'll give 55% to black women because having someone understand you on a deeper level is priceless and black women will always be able to do that.

What was it you saw while dating those non black women?