Quick Resume Will Be A Game Changer

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Not at all. I'd say the same even if it was a PS only shyt. The games load fast enough with the saves we have now. You can resume an existing game already running too.

Who is running 3-5 single player games at a time? Let's stop the bullshyt.

It's a cool feature adding on to an existing feature, but not some groundbreaking shyt.
Every single reviewer is raving over it, but okay

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
"Not shytting on it" and being :banderas: about it are two different things.

indeed.

but again, people with early access to shyt are not going to fukk that up by downplaying it. that's why I don't care too much for their opinions. They're already compromised.

I'd do the same too :yeshrug:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
The ability to rapidly switch between several games in a short amount of time doesn't appeal to me, so I don't care about it in that capacity. Quick resume from a cold boot is more appealing, and maybe even quick resume into a game I haven't played in several weeks or even months. The dream of waiting on a multiplayer match and jumping into another game temporarily probably won't work unless they can keep those connections alive in the background. Otherwise you're just going to be waiting for matchmaking all over again :skip:. Quick resume doesn't help you out with multiplayer games other than to decrease the down time from boot to menu.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Looks dope on the X. I don’t know if Sony’s works the same because there was more startup stuff in their reveal.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I am glad that consoles can now do what PC's have been able to do for decades.
decades :stopitslime:
So again, it's already been here this gen. This is just expanding on an existing process.
Xbox one did this at launch, could be multiple arcade games but only one disc game sized game at a time. Any app. And they could be ran at the same time "Xbox snap"

I need this back in my life :to:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All the guys with preview units said they never want to go back to not having it:yeshrug:

To me this isn't for playing a ton of huge single player games at once, but great for having like your main RPG loaded up, then easily switch to a sports or more chill game when you want a change of pace and then easily hop back into your RPG without all the loading screens the next time you play. It's gonna be one of those we'll laugh about not having in prior generations

PS5 should have the capability for this as well with its SSD but Sony been mighty coy about it:patrice:
It's a big deal imo. PS5 should have it as Destruction All Stars loaded up with no prompt to exit Sackboy.

On PS4 it does this
GrA9whq.gif

Jumping between P5R, Crash and other games without starting it up all the way is a godsend.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I was having a discussion about it with one of my boys last night cause i was telling him how cool I thought it was and he was like well don’t all these games only take like seconds to load up anyway? I was like yeah but you still gotta go through menu screens. He was like what so an extra 10 seconds?

Hmmmm might not be that serious actually.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Quick resume (closest thing to it) tiers this gen

PS4 pro ( I don't recall how well it worked on base)
Switch
Xbox before the UI update ( "quick resume" is trash on xbox currently)

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
It's not new when it's already done. Adding more games to it...okay. It's nice, but not some super game changer that most give a shyt about and will really use. You get booted for idling in multiplayer games, so it's really for single player jawns. And nobody is out here playing 3,4,5 single player games at one time.
I dunno family I think you're projecting. This is a huge for me. This is like the peak of videogaming convenience. It's not a "game changer", but it's something literally everyone will use basically every time they use their system, and it makes life easier.

That's like a 10/10 as far as technical advancements go. Availability, ease of use, and practical.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I dunno family I think you're projecting. This is a huge for me. This is like the peak of videogaming convenience. It's not a "game changer", but it's something literally everyone will use basically every time they use their system, and it makes life easier.

That's like a 10/10 as far as technical advancements go. Availability, ease of use, and practical.
Gamepass stay feeding us so this would work wonders for that.