Quick Resume Will Be A Game Changer

Daps
Y'all won't realize how much of a game changer quick resume will be until you get your PS5 (I think the "switcher" symbol is quick resume)and XSX and realize you didn't know you needed it

Imagine playing Cyberpunk and your friends hit you up wanting to play Cold War or BO3

You can join them for quick rounds and then hop back on cyberpunk while they take a break or wait between matches

You and the same group of friends can quick resume between multiple MP games if they also have PS5s/XSXs

If you still have your previous gen consoles when your PS5s/XSXS arrive, go back and try to go from game to game the old fashioned way :mjlol:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I haven’t read too much into it since I don’t care that much to use it, but are they going to keep your connection running in online games (single and multiplayer)? I imagine the devs don’t want bandwidth getting hogged just by somebody idling online for hrs

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
We pretending quick resume wasn't already a thing this gen?

Got burned too many times to trust that shyt.

It wasn't. You can only run one game at a time on both consoles alongside 1 app like youtube. Quick resume allows for 4-5 games to be suspended at a time and you basically boot them up directly from when you last paused the game (you don't have to pause technically).

So you can be playing some huge open world RPG, pause then switch directly into your MyLeague on 2k, then switch to a whole other game, play that, then you can switch back to the first RPG you were playing and pick up right where you left off. Current consoles cannot do that shyt

Also, has it been confirmed that the PS5 can do the same thing? I'd figure it probably can but I don't think I've seen it explicitly confirmed yet

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Y'all won't realize how much of a game changer quick resume will be until you get your PS5 (I think the "switcher" symbol is quick resume)and XSX and realize you didn't know you needed it

Imagine playing Cyberpunk and your friends hit you up wanting to play Cold War or BO3

You can join them for quick rounds and then hop back on cyberpunk while they take a break or wait between matches

You and the same group of friends can quick resume between multiple MP games if they also have PS5s/XSXs

If you still have your previous gen consoles when your PS5s/XSXS arrive, go back and try to go from game to game the old fashioned way :mjlol:

Didn't think of it that way:ehh:. If I can fukk around in Isaac while waiting for matchmaking in Destiny, :banderas: Just picking back up exactly in mid game is great, though.

I haven’t read too much into it since I don’t care that much to use it, but are they going to keep your connection running in online games (single and multiplayer)? I imagine the devs don’t want bandwidth getting hogged just by somebody idling online for hrs

IDK about other games, but after 5 or so minutes, you get kicked in Destiny, unless you're in matchmaking. It's yet to be seen how it will work with online games.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
It wasn't. You can only run one game at a time on both consoles alongside 1 app like youtube. Quick resume allows for 4-5 games to be suspended at a time and you basically boot them up directly from when you last paused the game (you don't have to pause technically).

So you can be playing some huge open world RPG, pause then switch directly into your MyLeague on 2k, then switch to a whole other game, play that, then you can switch back to the first RPG you were playing and pick up right where you left off. Current consoles cannot do that shyt

Also, has it been confirmed that the PS5 can do the same thing? I'd figure it probably can but I don't think I've seen it explicitly confirmed yet

So again, it's already been here this gen. This is just expanding on an existing process.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I think this qualifies as a new thing. Most games don't even pause. shyt is fire.

It's not new when it's already done. Adding more games to it...okay. It's nice, but not some super game changer that most give a shyt about and will really use. You get booted for idling in multiplayer games, so it's really for single player jawns. And nobody is out here playing 3,4,5 single player games at one time.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
So we just gonna pretend like this is a marginal improvement and nothing to be excited about? OK:skip:

the thing I do like about the Xbox version is doing it after being powered off. But it's not some super gamechanger from what the current gen consoles already do.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
It's not new when it's already done. Adding more games to it...okay. It's nice, but not some super game changer that most give a shyt about and will really use. You get booted for idling in multiplayer games, so it's really for single player jawns. And nobody is out here playing 3,4,5 single player games at one time.
I get it. Xbox, so you have to downplay it. Fine:francis:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
the thing I do like about the Xbox version is doing it after being powered off. But it's not some super gamechanger from what the current gen consoles already do.

All the guys with preview units said they never want to go back to not having it:yeshrug:

To me this isn't for playing a ton of huge single player games at once, but great for having like your main RPG loaded up, then easily switch to a sports or more chill game when you want a change of pace and then easily hop back into your RPG without all the loading screens the next time you play. It's gonna be one of those we'll laugh about not having in prior generations

PS5 should have the capability for this as well with its SSD but Sony been mighty coy about it:patrice:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I get it. Xbox, so you have to downplay it. Fine:francis:

Not at all. I'd say the same even if it was a PS only shyt. The games load fast enough with the saves we have now. You can resume an existing game already running too.

Who is running 3-5 single player games at a time? Let's stop the bullshyt.

It's a cool feature adding on to an existing feature, but not some groundbreaking shyt.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
All the guys with preview units said they never want to go back to not having it:yeshrug:

To me this isn't for playing a ton of huge single player games at once, but great for having like your main RPG loaded up, then easily switch to a sports or more chill game when you want a change of pace and then easily hop back into your RPG without all the loading screens the next time you play. It's gonna be one of those we'll laugh about not having in prior generations

PS5 should have the capability for this as well with its SSD but Sony been mighty coy about it:patrice:

I'm thinking about shyt from a multiplayer perspective too. Maybe that is my hangup because you won't be able to do that on multiplayer joints since you'll lose connection/get booted. To switch from an RPG to a Myplayer game in 2K instantly. That's kinda dope.

But I think my thing is I can see a couple of games, not 3,4,5 games and you can't really do it with multiplayer joints.