Quick Question Women of The Coli:

QueenSheba

All Star
Daps
Awww.. Fonsworth in love.:wub:

There are great advice in this thread. The only advice I can give you is to fellow your heart. Your future wife seems to care alot about you and she seems like a great future mother according to what you just listed. You might think you're moving fast with her but you can always slow down and try to communicate with her. Communication is the key.

But you should take your goals with your girlfriend one step at a time. Remember, you and your girlfriend are both young so y'all have time on y'all side. Hopefully you'll make the right decision together and live a long successful life. :thumbsup:

Hopefully, I find my future husband. One day.. :(

OH- this means no more GMB right?

Might lose @Reinscarf and @Fonsworth in the same year :wow: The squad,,, Im out here fukkin up :to:

You're next. Word to Dollfacecraze. :birdman:

Akata Man Bromo

Still learning....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade/Broward
Didnt she tell you niccas to stop tagging her in this foolishness :why:
giphy.gif

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Why have a joint account before marriage? Some things I just don't get probably cultural differences

I would say look at the small things also. How does she show that she's thinking of you or cares about you? She just might be more action focused instead of verbal or she might be making it so you two get married....seriously a joint account :jbhmm: have you guys been dating donkeys years and just against marriage or something or are you saving for your future and if so why are you only now asking these questions
will respond to this tomorrow.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Good question...

I was more willing to move forward with the "substantive" milestones such as:

• meeting her family;
  • considering having chirren;
  • The L word;
She was more willing to move forward with the "financial" milestones such as:

• creating a joint checking account, (we each have our own and each of us have our own saving accounts as well);
  • moving in together;
  • GMB
At first I was giving her the :leostare: because she was committed to create our joint account and move in together..so her eagerness to move forward with the financial side of things had her looking funny in the light; but when I was introduced to her family and saw and heard how she talks about me in addition to the fact that she has shown that she isn't with me for the money since she has her own and has actually put more into it than me...it seems promising.

We both come from money (even though I make more :smugdraper: ).
Does she have any debt? I don't think you should move in together before you've met family. If it were me, using the list above, I would do things in this order:

Meet Family
Move In
Joint Checking
Love
GMB
Chirren

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Good question...

I was more willing to move forward with the "substantive" milestones such as:

• meeting her family;
  • considering having chirren;
  • The L word;
She was more willing to move forward with the "financial" milestones such as:

• creating a joint checking account, (we each have our own and each of us have our own saving accounts as well);
  • moving in together;
  • GMB
At first I was giving her the :leostare: because she was committed to create our joint account and move in together..so her eagerness to move forward with the financial side of things had her looking funny in the light; but when I was introduced to her family and saw and heard how she talks about me in addition to the fact that she has shown that she isn't with me for the money since she has her own and has actually put more into it than me...it seems promising.

We both come from money (even though I make more :smugdraper: ).
Now I see why we couldnt neva work out, Fons. :mjcry:

No broke hoes. :to:

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Why have a joint account before marriage? Some things I just don't get probably cultural differences

I would say look at the small things also. How does she show that she's thinking of you or cares about you? She just might be more action focused instead of verbal or she might be making it so you two get married....seriously a joint account :jbhmm: have you guys been dating donkeys years and just against marriage or something or are you saving for your future and if so why are you only now asking these questions
This.

Does she have any debt? I don't think you should move in together before you've met family. If it were me, using the list above, I would do things in this order:

Meet Family
Move In
Joint Checking
Love
GMB
Chirren
Joint Checking before love and marriage? :patrice:

I'm funny with my money, hunny lol. I mean, I can see some pros, but mostly cons. Like what happens if yall break up? I mean, if you already living together that may count as a civil union. :jbhmm: Still... different strokes for different folks, i guess. :yeshrug:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This.

Joint Checking before love and marriage? :patrice:

I'm funny with my money, hunny lol. I mean, I can see some pros, but mostly cons. Like what happens if yall break up? I mean, if you already living together that may count as a civil union. :jbhmm: Still... different strokes for different folks, i guess. :yeshrug:
People you love can be bad with money. Better to gauge someone's financial habits when you're not in love, imo. You'll let more shyt slide when you are in love. A joint account is just a matter of numbers, no emotions involved.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
People you love can be bad with money. Better to gauge someone's financial habits when you're not in love, imo. You'll let more shyt slide when you are in love. A joint account is just a matter of numbers, no emotions involved.
But do you need a joint account to find that out? Im still iffy over how you would then seperate accounts if you break up because people can be petty. If yall already moved in can't you see their financial habits when you observe if bills are paid on time, how much debt they have, their credit? To me, I'd just use other methods.

For me, the love stuff aka honeymoon phase is done early so I can rebound quickly if I fukk up, even more reason to postpone joining accounts. I would wait til after marriage, after I am totally sure about the person I am with.