Quick Question Women of The Coli:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
How do I go about reconciling letting things happen naturally, (i.e. sex, moving in together, meeting family, and what comes next :merchant:) with actually ensuring that I don't move too quickly or too slowly with taking those committed steps?

I feel as though there have been times with my GF where I'm willing to jump in headfirst and she's basically cautious ":whoa:" whereas on others I've been testing the waters when she's been ready to go and I wonder if this is an issue I should be weary of or if it'll pass.

I know this shyt isn't really laid out in a "Hooking Up with a Brehette for Dummies" book but I'd like your insight :jbhmm:.

As questions if you want

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Follow your heart Fonsworth :smile:

lol Really tho, letting things happen naturally means not worrying about if it's too fast or slow. If you feel like it's too fast, slow up and vice versa. Get out of your head and trust your heart/gut/balls. Communicate your feelings with your partner. Yall have to be moving in the same direction to stay together.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
So what kind of things are you willing to move forward on and she's hesitant about?
Good question...

I was more willing to move forward with the "substantive" milestones such as:

• meeting her family;
  • considering having chirren;
  • The L word;
She was more willing to move forward with the "financial" milestones such as:

• creating a joint checking account, (we each have our own and each of us have our own saving accounts as well);
  • moving in together;
  • GMB
At first I was giving her the :leostare: because she was committed to create our joint account and move in together..so her eagerness to move forward with the financial side of things had her looking funny in the light; but when I was introduced to her family and saw and heard how she talks about me in addition to the fact that she has shown that she isn't with me for the money since she has her own and has actually put more into it than me...it seems promising.

We both come from money (even though I make more :smugdraper: ).

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Follow your heart Fonsworth :smile:

lol Really tho, letting things happen naturally means not worrying about if it's too fast or slow. If you feel like it's too fast, slow up and vice versa. Get out of your head and trust your heart/gut/balls. Communicate your feelings with your partner. Yall have to be moving in the same direction to stay together.
Yeah I know but I've naturally felt like doing dumb shyt in the past when in hindsight I was wondering what the fukk I was thinking. We do talk but I just wanted some of your thoughts on the matter.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
communicate n let it flow naturally, if she's cautious take heed both of u should be comfortable with the flow of things, slowly is better than too quickly
Yeah, I agree. I'm open as fukk over her but idk this could be some honeymoon phase bullshyt idk. I don't like being skeptical over this shyt and if it doesn't work out I'm going to be a bachelor.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, I agree. I'm open as fukk over her but idk this could be some honeymoon phase bullshyt idk. I don't like being skeptical over this shyt and if it doesn't work out I'm going to be a bachelor.
It's def honeymoon my dude. Just long as it doesn't do a 180 when she or you get really really comfortable it's all good. But you won't know until you start.
:manny:

It's not like yall married....:patrice:

Right:leostare:

So if things really get that upside down then you can always break it off. Expect things to change up as time goes aka "get worse" best thing you can do is not think about it but keep aware.

"You smart" don't get P whipped tho lol:skip:

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
Good question...

I was more willing to move forward with the "substantive" milestones such as:

• meeting her family;
  • considering having chirren;
  • The L word;
She was more willing to move forward with the "financial" milestones such as:

• creating a joint checking account, (we each have our own and each of us have our own saving accounts as well);
  • moving in together;
  • GMB
At first I was giving her the :leostare: because she was committed to create our joint account and move in together..so her eagerness to move forward with the financial side of things had her looking funny in the light; but when I was introduced to her family and saw and heard how she talks about me in addition to the fact that she has shown that she isn't with me for the money since she has her own and has actually put more into it than me...it seems promising.

We both come from money (even though I make more :smugdraper: ).
I knew you was rich.

So have y'all moved in together???

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
It's def honeymoon my dude. Just long as it doesn't do a 180 when she or you get really really comfortable it's all good. But you won't know until you start.
:manny:

It's not like yall married....:patrice:

Right:leostare:

So if things really get that upside down then you can always break it off. Expect things to change up as time goes aka "get worse" best thing you can do is not think about it but keep aware.

"You smart" don't get P whipped tho lol:skip:
I legit think she used voodoo on me word to @Elle Driver

Preaching to the choir though. Thanks breh.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
I knew you was rich.

So have y'all moved in together???
After everything I posted that park stuck out :heh:.

Right now we have our own apartments and that works fine but I'm anticipating a relocation to the states in the future and she's down. She wants to apply for a grant for research and our career paths compliment one another.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
After everything I posted that park stuck out :heh:.

Right now we have our own apartments and that works fine but I'm anticipating a relocation to the states in the future and she's down. She wants to apply for a grant for research and our career paths compliment one another.
I knew you were rich just needed you to confirm. :mjpls: So you're no longer GMB I take it?