Questlove says Hit Em Up is trash because of the beat

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
In the entire history of rap beef, there are like 5 disses with hot beats. They are mostly garbage.

Historically speaking disses never made real money so you don’t waste you’re fire beats on a diss

Max Goonberg

Superstar
Daps
My only issue with Hit em up is my same issue with alot pac bangers. Get the outlaws tf outta here b

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In the entire history of rap beef, there are like 5 disses with hot beats. They are mostly garbage.

Historically speaking disses never made real money so you don’t waste you’re fire beats on a diss

Exactly,if people care about the beat it probably means your diss wasnt effective. Because whats being said is typically the main focus. The beat really only really came into play with Ether. Where one of the worst beat pickers historically,happened to get lucky and pick a nuclear bomb of a beat:francis:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
So he had no issue playing Takeover live, his main problem with Hi Em Up was the beat, and yet the Drake/Kendrick beef is where he draws the line? Even taking age/maturity into account it's a ludicrous position to hold.

Also I feel this is a great example of how out of touch a certain segment of the "real hip hop" brigade are and remain. Same corny argument they use against Stream Dreams/All Eyes On Me. Ohhh it's a disco sample. Who fukking cares, it's hot.